Racist chanting by Millwall ... or is it ??

Are we rushing headlong towards a compensation culture like the Yanks?

Being offended = legal action = spondoolicks = easy way to make money.

As others have said, it's racial stereotyping as opposed to actual racism. When I heard the news about Millwall fans and racist chanting I was expecting something a lot more extreme than this. It's not particularly pc but outright racism? Not for me it isn't.

This is no different to what I witnessed in Munich just before Christmas when I was away with the other half. Walking through the city centre one evening, we came across a crowd of people gathered round a German busker in a shop doorway. Turns out he was also a bit of a comedian and he proceeded to take the piss out of every single nationality present in a racial stereotypical kind of way, some of it aimed at the orientals in attendance - plus the Germans didn't escape his wrath either. He wouldn't have won any awards for political correctness but he had everyone in stitches and made a fucking fortune.

If someone was to go up to a Chinese/Korean/Indoneseion bloke etc in a pub, and just start shouting DVD at him then yes I would say that's offensive. But football is different context. Nothing should be took personal when in a chant.

More will probably be made of it as it's "Millwall" and their fans are often castigated themselves by the Gutterpress, when we all know all of their fans aren't scum, yet the FakeStream Media will continue this myth.

I look at it this way... If I (an English man) was playing in a match in say Spain and the Spanish fans were singing stuff which stereotyped an English man, such as being a tea drinker, or I should be playing cricket etc etc... Would I be offended?
Would I fuck and I'd probably find it funny.

Eat chips and gravy
You only eat chips and gravy
Eat chips and graaaaavy
You only eat chips and gravy

OK how about a Mexican,a Canadian and an American were in this bar ...

An English couple, an American couple and Canadian couple were in Cancun on their honeymoon

At breakfast on the first morning, the American man said to his wife "pass me the sugar, Sugar"

The Canadian man said to his wife "pass me the honey, Honey"

The Englishman said to his wife "pass me the milk you cow"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.