Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but anyone thinking a few Southampton fans booing him will have been anything like the same as 40,000 dippers' vitriol is deluded.

Instead of arguing about it, why don't we think about ways to combat it? Him coming off the bench against a tired fullback for example, might up his confidence for future Anfield visits.

Indeed. It's not like it was his first poor game against the dippers. He has never had a good game against them. Hindsight and all that....

so it only counts against big teams then ?. scoring in the dying minutes of all those other games doesn't count ? did he not score against napoli -home and away/spurs and get assists in other big games then ? did that not happen ?

hes played well in pretty much every game ( against the big teams ) other then today.
No one's denying the stuff he's done but it was a fact he effectively reduced us to 10 men today when we needed him to show up...

Leave Raz alone. That is Pep's responsibility! He knew about it.

There are not many players who cannot be impressed by such a fuckin treatment.
Arjen Robben e.g. is one. He takes on a packed ground and buries a couple.
And Leroy ;-)

Consistently shite against Liverpool and United. He just struggles so much in physical games against the top teams. I don't think it's fair to call him a flat-track bully because he's normally one of our best players in the Champions League but maybe that's just because the games are less physical because of appalling refereeing.

Consistently shite against Liverpool and United. He just struggles so much in physical games against the top teams. I don't think it's fair to call him a flat-track bully because he's normally one of our best players in the Champions League but maybe that's just because the games are less physical because of appalling refereeing.
He was good against United.

He was good against United.

This season? I disagree. 6/10 performance for me, he gave the ball away too much but with that said, it was probably the best performance he's ever put in against them actually which goes to show how bad he's been in previous games.

I was hoping for a tap in at the Kop end to shut those sad clowns up. Alas, we will have to wait for next year.

I came on here expecting people to be critical of his performance (perfectly fair after today) but my god do some sound like petulant children.

“What has he done for us lately” should be his song, it seems.

I might be alone but I don’t think he was that bad. He was a constant out ball and was always available. He had very little option wise once he had the ball and the Liverpool left back had a good game whilst being allowed to bully and foul sterling without punishment.
Sterling lost his rag rightly when Robertson went in to the back of him deliberately after the ball had gone and mariner did fuck all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.