Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by rapidCT, 22 Jul 2017.

1. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    People aren't able to fathom the pace he plays at... it was the same with Ronaldo, travelling at such velocity, only takes the littlest nudge to knock them off balance. A few display a distinct lack of naivety to the game with comments like this!

2. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

Yeah! Left footed cross leading to Bernardo's 0-2. :)

I'm sure that's what Pep wants him to do to be able to play on both wings, also during a match. Well done.

3. domalino

domalino

Frustrating game for Sterling last night. Could have had 2 goals with a shade more luck IMO.

First the goalkeeper did really well to take Sterling and the ball when he tried to go round him, and then the second time he was through chasing a bouncing ball and it just wouldn't bloody drop in time for him to take a shot.

He deserves a rest now for the massive shift he's put in while Sané has been out. If I were Pep I'd be tempted to tell him to forget the Wigan game and fly off to his place in Jamaica for 10 days R+R before the Arsenal game.

4. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I thought he had a case for a penalty when he rounded the keeper. Probably evened things out. He played ok but it would be sensible to give the boy a rest.

5. karen7

karen7

Based on their own formula (goals scored + minutes per goal + shot conversion ratio + point won with goals + big chances converted ratio - big chances missed), the Daily Mail has ranked Raheem Sterling as the deadliest player in the Premier League this season.

6. Dax777

Dax777

Nooooo! I am shocked! Meeech will not like this.

7. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    If you apply a little bit of weighting to the Daily Mail criteria Sterling is not only still the deadliest player but he is so by quite a large margin. Much larger than the Mail would suggest (Aguero is second too)

8. City_Sean

City_Sean

Yet some of our own don't think he's good enough. It baffles me.

9. oldius

oldius

Some of our own didn't like David Silva!
    We have a history of it, and it's not a positive part of our club.

We all sit close to someone who draws in their breath, shouts "Not there!" or comments constantly about how a certain player shouldn't be on the pitch.

10. meeesh

meeesh

Meeesh,but close enough......................Bit unfair to say I won't like this,but gobsmacked I am,absolutely fucking gobsmacked,although I vowed not to return to this thread unless in a positive way,I can't help but comment.

Like I have always maintained,if he goes on to prove me wrong I'll eat the humble pie,but if it is going to benefit the team in the long run fair enough,but to stick to my guns,he's a long way from convincing me just yet