Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think world class is as concrete as 3 players per position. But its a handful per position at any one time that I'd consider world class.

For me, right now:

Manuel Neuer
Gianluigi Buffon
Jan Oblak

Dani Carvajal
Dani Alves
Leonardo Bonucci
Sergio Ramos
Gerard Pique
Georgio Chiellini
Marcelo
Cesar Azpilicueta
Alex Sandro
David Alaba

Sergio Busquets
Casemiro
N'Golo Kanté
Luka Modrić
Toni Kroos
Andrés Iniesta
Arturo Vidal
Marek Hamšík
Kevin De Bruyne
David Silva
Isco

Paulo Dybala
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Neymar
Sergio Agüero
Robert Lewandowski
Luis Súarez
Edinson Cavani

Sterling is not close to this bracket yet. But he could be. If he keeps learning and working closely with Pep. Him, Jesus and Sané could all peak at the same time and we'd have a phenom of an attack.

Last edited:
And I wish you'd sat near me.
The tourists were an absolute joy, enthusiastic, loud, effusive in their 'support' and generally backing every City player.
The regulars are a different kettle of fish. Clueless doesn't come close.
Sane ? Shit
Otamendi ? Ditto
Walker? ? Less said, the better.
But, they do seem to reserve their ire for Raz . Clueless, headless chicken. I swear you'd think they were reading from a Looneypool fans fucking spreadsheet.
Do you sit in 303 - that's exactly my experience, the tourists are generally fine, a few of the regulars are grade A wallopers.

On topic, Raz, Sane and Jesus are going to be moving through those levels just below true WC in the next year or two and they were cheap as chips in the current market at a combined cost of around £130m.

I don't think world class is as concrete as 3 players per position. But its a handful per position at any one time that I'd consider world class.

For me, right now:

Manuel Neuer
Gianluigi Buffon
Jan Oblak

Dani Carvajal
Dani Alves
Leonardo Bonucci
Sergio Ramos
Gerard Pique
Georgio Chiellini
Marcelo
Cesar Azpilicueta
Alex Sandro
David Alaba

Sergio Busquets
Casemiro
N'Golo Kanté
Luka Modrić
Toni Kroos
Andrés Iniesta
Arturo Vidal
Marek Hamšík
Kevin De Bruyne
David Silva
Isco

Paulo Dybala
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Neymar
Sergio Agüero
Robert Lewandowski
Edinson Cavani

Sterling is not close to this bracket yet. But he could be. If he keeps learning and working closely with Pep. Him, Jesus and Sané could all peak at the same time and we'd have a phenom of an attack.

Nice assessment.

For me, right now:

Manuel Neuer
Gianluigi Buffon
Jan Oblak

Dani Carvajal
Dani Alves
Leonardo Bonucci
Sergio Ramos
Gerard Pique
Georgio Chiellini
Marcelo
Cesar Azpilicueta
Alex Sandro
David Alaba

Sergio Busquets
Casemiro
N'Golo Kanté
Luka Modrić
Toni Kroos
Andrés Iniesta
Arturo Vidal
Marek Hamšík
Kevin De Bruyne
David Silva
Isco

Paulo Dybala
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Neymar
Sergio Agüero
Robert Lewandowski
Luis Súarez
Edinson Cavani

I agree but would have a few more players on your list af "world class"......

De Gay
Courtois
Alonso
Kompany (when fit)
Godin
Hummels
Koke
Gabi
Robben
Ribery
Gotze
Griezmann
Mbappe
Sanchez
Muller

For me, right now...
The list of WC players is obviously subjective as is the definition of "World Class" - nonetheless, both Sane and Sterling are young players who show great potential - but are not yet World Class, as more consistent alternatives exist in world football.

I'd also include Kompany when fit in the list of WC players and perhaps a few others - but this subjective and I can't quibble too much.

For me, right now:

Manuel Neuer
Gianluigi Buffon
Jan Oblak

Dani Carvajal
Dani Alves
Leonardo Bonucci
Sergio Ramos
Gerard Pique
Georgio Chiellini
Marcelo
Cesar Azpilicueta
Alex Sandro
David Alaba

Sergio Busquets
Casemiro
N'Golo Kanté
Luka Modrić
Toni Kroos
Andrés Iniesta
Arturo Vidal
Marek Hamšík
Kevin De Bruyne
David Silva
Isco

Paulo Dybala
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Neymar
Sergio Agüero
Robert Lewandowski
Luis Súarez
Edinson Cavani

Not a bad list but I'd include Verratti, Kane, Griezmann, Pogba, Courtois, Thiago Silva & even young Mbappe in there.

I think Ederson will be considered World Class before this season ends as well. He's incredible.

Thought Raz was brilliant today. They were scared shitless of him. Tore Alonso to bits. Works so hard as well.

Thought Raz was brilliant today. They were scared shitless of him. Tore Alonso to bits. Works so hard as well.

He was immense again. Should have got an assist from that counter, but he was at his best at times, getting the ball on the turn and running straight at their back 3. Bakayoko looked like a giraffe trying to take him out, he couldn't do anything, and Alonso was so scared of him he barely got out of his defensive third.

Another game, another very impressive, mature performance. Hopefully the accusations that he disappears against the big teams will subside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.