Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all itk ( apologies), but I reckon this deal has been sorted. Liverpool buying players and being linked to big money signings. They're spending the Sterling money I feel, just like they did with Suarez.

Part of it is our money, of course. We are helping to finance the deals with our 10% ish year on year rise in season card prices. Maybe fans, like myself , do not wish our club tarnished with the '£50m for Torres, he's shit' and '£35m for Carroll, he's shit' brush. No f'in way is Sterling worth £50m. There must surely be better and cheaper out there. If we don't get Pogba then what appears to be left on the table, if media is believed, is far from exciting and still at a huge cost. The world is mad, the football world is f'in crazy.

My posts are way behind due to the wait for approval, but I said it previously, the one thing that really concerns me is negotiations for other players.

How are they going to go when Wolfsburg point to £50m for Sterling? When Juve do the same?

That's something the 'not your money' type arguments totally neglect.

Part of it is our money, of course. We are helping to finance the deals with our 10% ish year on year rise in season card prices. Maybe fans, like myself , do not wish our club tarnished with the '£50m for Torres, he's shit' and '£35m for Carroll, he's shit' brush. No f'in way is Sterling worth £50m. There must surely be better and cheaper out there. If we don't get Pogba then what appears to be left on the table, if media is believed, is far from exciting and still at a huge cost. The world is mad, the football world is f'in crazy.

How much do your think he is worth and why?

Can you name players that 'must' be out there who are young, English, full of potential, proven in this league and would get into our team?

I'd suggest there aren't any, that's why we are paying a premium and that is why he is worth it. We maybe the only bidder, but he's the only one out there as far as I can tell

Difference is, Hazard was worth the money and was wanted by several clubs, Sterling isn't. We get a free run at him. I remember the same fans on this forum coming out and saying how Chelsea overpaid for Hazard and now when we are willing to pay a huge fee for sterling who is nowhere near as good, they are saying the exact opposite. Makes no sense.

You'd hope that's because they've realised the mistakes we've made in the past and now is the time to be aggressive and pay whatever is necessary. He's simply not available for £40 million, The dippers have set the price at £50 million and that's what we'll have to pay, otherwise they'll keep him against his wishes. You only need to look at Suarez 2 seasons ago to know they're more than willing to do that.

You can't place a value on Sterling right now. You have to look at over the course of his career. This obviously isn't how it would go down in the accounts but this is the reality of the situation.. We're purchasing an asset who's expected useful life with us is at least 10 years and that's being prudent. Now ignoring any potential additional earnings or costs etc, at £40 million which most seemed happy with, that's £4 million a year over his useful life. increasing the offer to £50 million makes it £5 million a year. There's really not much difference.

If it really hurts that much cancel your S/card. We've already had the stick for "Lescott, £26m, he's shit", it didn't work out too badly all things considered, did it?

My S/card was £25 cheaper, I must have fucked up the Pogba bid!

Worth ? No footballer is worth more than a nurse or a doctor but that is the crazy world we live in.You either join in and compete or pack up and go home. See how far all the clubs who wont pay big fees get in their pursuit of CL and trophies.

Effectively because he's HG Sterling gives us an extra squad player because right now with the exception of Joe and Gael we don't have any others who are up to starting in the first team. We expand our squad to 20 and get a first team starter. If we sign a 'better value' foreign player we have to move out one of our players occupying one of the 17 slots and our effective squad size stays at 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.