Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with most debates, the two extremes are the most vocal, whereas the truth lies somewhere in between.

He’s maximised his talents to become a regular goal scorer.

However, he probably peaked with us a couple of seasons back and hasn’t been happy here for the past 18 months or so.

Remember his interviews with England? Then his lack of celebrations as time went on.

He was going to leave on a free, so the club have to be pragmatic, take the best offer they get for him to reinvest in the team.

Only time will tell how much we will miss him.

Oh aye, I have no issue with Sterling wanting to leave and City cashing in when he has sale value - makes perfect sense for all parties

The best I’ve seen of Sterling was when Sane was here. And we had them both had that tactical left-right switch that made us unpredictable to opposing teams at times. That was a time when Pep wasn’t as pragmatic as he is now given the players we had and that transition from the Pellegrini days.

I sensed after Sane left, Sterling lost a bit of what that was. The freedom of play intensity and free play.

19/20 was probably was Sterling's best season in terms of goals (20) and Sané played 11 minutes all season

After seeing all the negative views about Stirling l'm hoping nobody from Chelsea reads Bluemoon or we will have to give him away for free
lMO a lot of disrespecting people on here
Amazing that after 7 years people still spell his name wrong lol

Proper shit Sterling, only made it into our top 10 scorers because of those around him. Somehow score loads of goals and got loads of assists because of those around him. Somehow fooled the best coach in football that he should play a key role in a team that won 4 out of 5 titles.

He wants to go, fair fucks, and his form hasn't reached previous heights but the revisionist bullshit is ridiculous. He isn't a product of the work of those around him, just chipping in with a goal (or miss) at the back post, he was part of it throughout.
That's your opinion and I'll respect it, but others like myself don't quite agree...he 100% benefitted from his environment...unlike some I'm not saying he's not a good player...but I am saying his status was inflated by playing in this team at this time...he's not anywhere near an Mbappe, Salah, prime C Ronaldo type wide forward...to me that's great...he's good and at times better than good on a great side...his strengths are severely limited against teams defending in low blocks although he was starting to make some in roads when playing on the right...I respect him as a City player and appreciate what he's done but that's irrelevant in terms of our moving on while we can still recoup a fair sum rather than having him leave on a free...he did not merit the raise he was asking for based on his overall play over the past 2 seasons and his current place in this team's pecking order and he certainly wasn't going to be gauranteed a certain level of playing time...its not that complicated...good luck and God Bless, Raz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.