Raheem Sterling

Out of interest, can anyone remember the last time a domestic rival signed another club's star players where almost everyone agreed it was a good financial and sporting deal for everyone involved??
Rarely, if ever happens because fans are so tribal. I doubt most City fans would feel this was the best for all concerned had Sterling not had a couple of poor seasons. Imagine he was making a move to Chelsea after 17/18 and 18/19 seasons...meltdown.

What a contribution he has made to us. Goals and assists. He has been crucial part of our titles since Pep arrived. Without his cross to Gundo, who know…..
Yes he had his faults but he represented us and has left us with a great deal of class. I wish him well with Chelsea and the rest of his career and look forward to greeting him back at the Etihad.

Out of interest, can anyone remember the last time a domestic rival signed another club's star players where almost everyone agreed it was a good financial and sporting deal for everyone involved??
To be honest I don't think it's that great a deal for all parties, for Chelsea I don't think it's what they should be prioritising. For Sterling I don't see swapping us for another P/L team as a step up or a big enough new start. As for us we are losing a very good player and getting a decent price for somebody with one year left but I'd have preffered he extended with us.

To be honest I don't think it's that great a deal for all parties, for Chelsea I don't think it's what they should be prioritising. For Sterling I don't see swapping us for another P/L team as a step up or a big enough new start. As for us we are losing a very good player and getting a decent price for somebody with one year left but I'd have preffered he extended with us.

Money

So a bad deal all around?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.