Rainbow laces campaign

bit cringey if i'm honest, is the flag an official thing done by the club ?
Anyone is welcome at a football match regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc..
It's not an issue and doing shit like this and the kick racism out of football kind of stuff only antagonises people and i'm sure a homosexual city fan doesn't want the club to create a new flag to highlight their sexuality, it's a game of bloody football where there is no criteria for buying a ticket.
is racism/homophobia really a problem in football, not in my opinion it's far more widespread in pubs, why not target your local boozer where racism/homophobia is far more common than at a game of football

I can't comprehend how anyone could be antagonised by this. Manchester has one of the biggest LGBT communities in the country, and this is a nice touch from City.

bit cringey if i'm honest, is the flag an official thing done by the club ?
Anyone is welcome at a football match regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation etc..
It's not an issue and doing shit like this and the kick racism out of football kind of stuff only antagonises people and i'm sure a homosexual city fan doesn't want the club to create a new flag to highlight their sexuality, it's a game of bloody football where there is no criteria for buying a ticket.
is racism/homophobia really a problem in football, not in my opinion it's far more widespread in pubs, why not target your local boozer where racism/homophobia is far more common than at a game of football

I would assume that they think if it's highlighted at the match people would be more alert to it in the pub & it might make them pull the homophobic, racist people up? After all there are more people at the football than in a pub. It might not be an issue to you but could be to some. JMHO

I can't comprehend how anyone could be antagonised by this. Manchester has one of the biggest LGBT communities in the country, and this is a nice touch from City.
so why not do one for our scottish fans with a saint Andrews cross or incorporate the welsh dragon on it as i'm sure the welsh are as equally as entitled to their own flag as much as homosexuals are, I've noticed we have a lot more women at football nowadays and a successful womens team,perhaps a nice pink one with flowers on would be appropriate to accommodate them, they must feel so discriminated against what with city playing in blue as we all know is for boys.

so why not do one for our scottish fans with a saint Andrews cross or incorporate the welsh dragon on it as i'm sure the welsh are as equally as entitled to their own flag as much as homosexuals are, I've noticed we have a lot more women at football nowadays and a successful womens team,perhaps a nice pink one with flowers on would be appropriate to accommodate them, they must feel so discriminated against what with city playing in blue as we all know is for boys.

I stopped reading at "perhaps a nice pink one with flowers on would be appropriate", but I suggest you do more reading on the subject.

I would assume that they think if it's highlighted at the match people would be more alert to it in the pub & it might make them pull the homophobic, racist people up? After all there are more people at the football than in a pub. It might not be an issue to you but could be to some. JMHO

Going to a game of football isn't the time or the place to alert folk to social issues that maybe are more likely to appear in a pub, it's 2 hours away from all that outside shit where you can focus your time and attention on the team you love, it's an escape where for those 90 mins of football nothing else matters, i spend my week being forced fed political correctness i don't want it at shoved down my throat ( no pun intended) when i have my escape from life/missus/work/kids at a game of football at a weekend.

I question your eyesight.... Every match I ever go to I actually see Scottish flags with MCFC on them or countless other national flags.

Yet I've never ever seen a rainbow flag at a football match except the new digital flag displays at the Etihad with one of which proudly displays the Canal St Blues OSC flag.

Respect to City for displaying this.
Manchester has one of the most thriving LGBTQ+ communities, I mean the road next to the Etihad is named after a famed homosexual.

Everyone is entitled to their own views, if you disagree with people having the right to choose their own sexuality then that's your issue.
Being a Mancunian, I have grown up around many different types of people, many of whom are LGBTQ+
And this Club is for all people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.