Ramadan

Dubai Blue

Was in the pub earlier for the final post-work boozing session before Ramadan starts tomorrow and we got onto the subject of players in England having to go through the long days of August whilst fasting.

I'm sure we had a player do it last year (Kolo Toure perhaps?) and was wondering if anyone knows if any others will be doing it this year? The thought of both Kolo and Yaya going without food or water for 10 hours a day during the lead up to our first few games left me feeling a bit queezy.

Edit: Looks like I was way too conservative with 10 hours. Could be as much as 15 hours in England this year.

The cricketers get special dispensation which means they can eat as long as it's not in the public gaze. I would imagine the same applies to the footballers, although I cant' be sure...

Dubai Blue said:
Was in the pub earlier for the final post-work boozing session before Ramadan starts tomorrow and we got onto the subject of players in England having to go through the long days of August whilst fasting.

I'm sure we had a player do it last year (Kolo Toure perhaps?) and was wondering if anyone knows if any others will be doing it this year? The thought of both Kolo and Yaya going without food or water for 10 hours a day during the lead up to our first few games left me feeling a bit queezy.

isnt going on the beer the worst thing you can do beforer fasting? your a better man than me

hilts said:
Dubai Blue said:

isnt going on the beer the worst thing you can do beforer fasting? your a better man than me
I wouldn't be boozing at all if I was the fasting type!!!

The pubs won't open over here til 7.30pm throughout Ramadan, which is what I meant by the "final post-work boozing session". Fortunately, I won't be involved in any fasting.

im gonna be fasting but this year it closes at about 3:15 am and opens at 8:43

so yeah its gonna be hard don't know how kolo and yaya are gonna manage with training and maches

I remember the kippax said:
If they live over 20 miles from Carrington, or do 40 miles round trip there and back, then they are exempt from fasting. Travellers do not have to fast during Ramadan...... so when they travel back from London tomorrow they will not have to fast.....
Ramadan's not a legal obligation, it's a personal choice. If they choose to do it, they will do it without any opt-outs, which I'm pretty sure is what Kolo did last year. Tough going in the long August days of England though.

Put simply, i'm sure that if a religious commitment affected a players professional performance then the club would intervene. I don't know the legal technicalities on a matter such as this but I can't see City getting screwed over by ramadan, especially since the no-nonsense approach since the takeover.

If they live over 20 miles from Carrington, or do 40 miles round trip there and back, then they are exempt from fasting. Travellers do not have to fast during Ramadan...... so when they travel back from London tomorrow they will not have to fast.....

That's the first day sorted, then ;)

DB - is it 7.30pm they start serving then? I've been getting conflicting reports. Luckily I'm only gonna catch the very end, but I'll need to be prepared for next year...

Dubai Blue said:
Ramadan's not a legal obligation, it's a personal choice. If they choose to do it, they will do it without any opt-outs, which I'm pretty sure is what Kolo did last year. Tough going in the long August days of England though.

It's not actually an opt out - it merely defers the days that they have to fast, and as for legal obligation - it is under Sharia law

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.