Rangers Thread - 2023/24

If the front 3 had any sort of link up it should be 4 or 5. They've all been shocking!

Don't know if anyone here goes on the bear pit forum but fuck me, the vitriol from Rangers fans towards their own players is astounding. Them new lads must already be having kittens every time the ball goes near them in case they make a mistake and have their entire careers written off as a result. Seriously. I was up at Ibrox last year twice. Phenomenal ground to visit btw. But it was the week after Tavernier got in the hall of fame. No word of a lie he was absolutely fine in the first half, then gave a couple of shitty balls away and the lynch mob assembled instantaneously for him. I enjoyed being around the Rangers fans generally but the second shit started to go a bit pear shaped the overreaction was quite frankly mental. And it was audible watching that on TV tonight.
Now...that Dessers looks pretty clumsy I have to say but he was a particular target of derision from the crowd it seems.
New squad, season not even a week old yet. A bit of patience, maybe?

Don't know if anyone here goes on the bear pit forum but fuck me, the vitriol from Rangers fans towards their own players is astounding. Them new lads must already be having kittens every time the ball goes near them in case they make a mistake and have their entire careers written off as a result. Seriously. I was up at Ibrox last year twice. Phenomenal ground to visit btw. But it was the week after Tavernier got in the hall of fame. No word of a lie he was absolutely fine in the first half, then gave a couple of shitty balls away and the lynch mob assembled instantaneously for him. I enjoyed being around the Rangers fans generally but the second shit started to go a bit pear shaped the overreaction was quite frankly mental. And it was audible watching that on TV tonight.
Now...that Dessers looks pretty clumsy I have to say but he was a particular target of derision from the crowd it seems.
Crowd was even quieter than City on Sunday.lol.

Oh, if you are looking for patience, forget Old Firm fans.This is a league where finishing 2nd is seen as abject failure remember, and will result in managers getting sacked.

The support is very entitled, because of this. It's quite literally win, or failure, there is no In between. And because of that, and the expectation they must dominate every game, lots of the support don't have time for mistakes, or even passing the ball backwards, and you could hear that last night.

To be fair, the qualifiers for the Champions League mean so much for a Scottish team in terms of revenue, it could make up like 25% of Rangers revenue, so tension is always great. But the frustration last night wasn't just about last night's game, it's that those performances are what they are seeing all pre season and into the opening game.

I actually thought we were decent last night back to middle, but the forward play was shocking, and that's the area we've spent all our budget, so fans are generally concerned thats been a total waste of our limited resource. I do agree though, there needs to be more patience, but sadly don't expect to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.