Rate this season

average for our recent standards, but not that bad considering

have seen worse

Last edited:
Pretty shit overall. No point sugar coating it. We all think the rags have had a shocker but we're basically running par with them.

Rags win the Europa and it's a far better season for them. Hopefully that won't happen or it'll be more ammunition for gutter press to use.

It's been poor. Maybe our expectations were too high but given Peps record that's unsurprising .

You can talk about getting his own players in but are we reLky suggesting Pep had no say in the signings the season before last .....Sterling, Otamendi, De Bruyne et al? There is no way the club would have signed those players if Pep didn't rate them knowing he was in the managerial wings

And yes the standard of refereeing has been questionable, however you're letting Pep off the hook by suggesting this is a factor in a disappointing season

Roll on August ......again!

I think you should take it as a learning curve for Pep. Today you were desperately unlucky. You are in a far better place than your obnoxious neighbours.

Asking these kind of questions straight after a disappointing loss is always going to elicit negative responses.
For me it's been a bit mixed. it certainly hasn't been a disastrous season unlike say Chelseas' last season or the rags under Moyes equally it certainly hasn't been a great season.
I think it does take longer than a lot of people realise in general to develop a new way of playing which is clearly what Pep has been brought in to do, not a patch up job but getting a playing ethos for the club.
I think we have played some great football at times and some of the time it has been successful think of most of our home Champions League matches, we also have undoubtedly had a tougher than average time with refereeing decisions in crucial matches. However we have also never really managed to dominate a top 6 or good champions league team over 90 minutes and our defense has looked pretty consistently shaky.
Personally I can see plenty of causes for optimism for next season but it could also deliver disappointment if we don't learn to defend significantly better and grind out results when we don't play well as happens to all teams at times.

The season isn't over with about 15% of league matches to play . For me I will give us 5.5 out of 10 at the moment limp to fourth and it would drop to 5 fall out of the top four and it would drop to 4 finish strongly in 3rd and I would go to 6.

I think you should take it as a learning curve for Pep. Today you were desperately unlucky. You are in a far better place than your obnoxious neighbours.
Cheers pal,good post.
An outsiders opinion,and bit of clarity,is whats needed around here tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.