Readers comment in the MEN regarding our Academy

I know of at least two supposed "rags" who work for the academy and have done for a long time. One of them was poached by United but came back to City because he preferred the way we do things.

These two guys maybe "rags" but they are committed to the development and discovery of young talent no matter what club they work for.

Oh I just realised I called United, United. That must make me a "rag"!!!

These positions will be carefully looked at now that our new academy is being built.With the ex Barca Boys overseeing the whole process eventually this will be a very important area if not already. It will be more compact and easier to manage .The best coaches should be made available and if the EDS results do not show some improvement soon ,then expect new appointments. Thats my humble opinion.

As soon as I read the O.P, I knew exactly who had wrote that and I haven't even been on that site since the day I came here. I bet edski vega, blueboy and spiderboy are still on there as well, trying their best to pretend not to be rags.

salfordpaul said:
Won't be long before Rekkik Suarez Henshall all disappear like Roman Angel did. Pozo and lopes look the best. Loads of hype but not substance. Was never sure on Rekik . Still young but despite what the more hopeful and positive blues amongst us say he is never ever gonna play for us despite the hype and hefty transfer fee. Bit sad when blackburn sign him on loan for substitute cover. Who actually signs these players??? I don't like not seeing our boys get through to our first team and that we end up developing for other teams and I know that is part of the harsh system we see from our opinion houses. But why oh why oh why do we continue to lose EDS games and youth games? Surely if our first team arent using our players then we should have really strong EDS teams and youth teams with positive results? We don't have that many on loan do we. Three questions for me would be are the players good enough? Are the coaches good enough? And do the coaches work hard and care? If it is no to any of these then our Academy is going to continue to plumit. I do still believe we can rescue it though and get things right. Despite my concern I have faith. CTID

Funny how 2 weeks ago we did a clean sweep from under 9s to under 15s against the rag shite though. Going out on loan is a good thing. A very strange post...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9p1Bksx4_U[/youtube]

Also there a thread on a RAWK which had been posted loads of times on Reserve/Academy threads which goes on about how our lower age groups are the best in the country with the best staff.

However it does seem the EDS and U18 are a bit of a shambles at the moment in terms of results with both sides in the lowest possible tier in the reserves/academy league but I'm hoping with a massive re shuffle in staff in the summer that we start to see better results in the higher age groups.

greasedupdeafguy said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9p1Bksx4_U[/youtube]

Also there a thread on a RAWK which had been posted loads of times on Reserve/Academy threads which goes on about how our lower age groups are the best in the country with the best staff.

However it does seem the EDS and U18 are a bit of a shambles at the moment in terms of results with both sides in the lowest possible tier in the reserves/academy league but I'm hoping with a massive re shuffle in staff in the summer that we start to see better results in the higher age groups.
Seems like younger groups are doing better than older age groups (EDS/U18). Maybe it is easier to implement the new "philosophy" in younger minds than older ones?

First of all I'm a blue through and through my hatred for the rags runs equally as deep.However our academy and facilities compared to everton Liverpool and ushited are the worst by a mile,thankfully next year we will have the best,by a long way.
However in my opinion there has to be a massive culture change at our club,there are too many rags employed and too many sycophants who are creeps to say the least,interested in there selves and there position that's how they survive.
Our club should find city people as best they can and employ blues throughout the club and create that unique feel of being a blue and working for their club,most coaches at the academy aren't blues and neither are the people who manage it,they don't care enough,the way they do things are not good enough,and certainly aren't interested how they can improve,only self interest about there position and EGO matter most,not very child friendly,and parents are expected to be docile,and have no mind of their own.
We need an overall change next year and like the previous poster mentioned people like dickov boater,brightwell and others get Jim cassell back and Alec Gibson back, could say loads more but not for now. We need the right people and being a blue should be 90 per cent of the criteria,not jobs for the boys,

salfordpaul said:
Won't be long before Rekkik Suarez Henshall all disappear like Roman Angel did. Pozo and lopes look the best. Loads of hype but not substance. Was never sure on Rekik . Still young but despite what the more hopeful and positive blues amongst us say he is never ever gonna play for us despite the hype and hefty transfer fee. Bit sad when blackburn sign him on loan for substitute cover. Who actually signs these players??? I don't like not seeing our boys get through to our first team and that we end up developing for other teams and I know that is part of the harsh system we see from our opinion houses. But why oh why oh why do we continue to lose EDS games and youth games? Surely if our first team arent using our players then we should have really strong EDS teams and youth teams with positive results? We don't have that many on loan do we. Three questions for me would be are the players good enough? Are the coaches good enough? And do the coaches work hard and care? If it is no to any of these then our Academy is going to continue to plumit. I do still believe we can rescue it though and get things right. Despite my concern I have faith. CTID
My mate is a Rovers fan and said Rekik has been awful for them, Not sure if anyone can back that up on here. I thought Helan looked a good prospect but he couldnt break into Carlisles team not sure how hes doing at Sheff Wed. I agree with Lopes, I think he could be our 1st 1st teamer from the youth along with Evans but i think it will be a while yet until they are.

Shirley said:
I have copied the following readers comment from the MEN on an article regarding our academy.
Can anyone confirm if these are simply words from a rag in disguise or do we actually have these issues at Platt Lane?

"First and foremost having been a regular visitor to the Academy at Platt Lane I find it a total shambles, the players who are not in the starting line ups on a match day just roam about the place will nilly with little or no organisation, the management are the same and it looks like a Sunday afternoon tea party at times, I hear the personel who work for the Sports Company that steward the site talking about how United are doing, how many goals will Rooney score etc etc FGS this is a MCFC training ground, an Academy that builds for our future and the place is a shambles, one I am afraid reflects in how a regression at this level has set in.
In essence I believe too many personel at Platt Lane show very little focus or dedication and clearly a lot of them have got their priorities wrong, could you imagine S.A.F. allowing this to happen at their Academy? NO neither could I....."

It's clear he's a rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.