Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Real Madrid executed their plan of kicking our players in to the ground (knowing they’ll be allowed to do it), trying to get one of ours sent off, and hit us on the break to perfection.

Rudiger getting away with regularly rugby tackling Haaland and yet another American football block on one of our players. Thankfully Ilkay seems to be ok this time.

We didn’t play badly, really, aside from a few poor decisions in possession, but we did look more passive than expected, at times seemingly hesitant to pass forward when it is on, often passing sideways or back.

I am not sure if that was meant to be a tactic to get their players to come out whilst we are in possession, but it didn’t really work. They weren’t biting. And it just allowed them to keep their shape and look to intercept for the counter, which is largely what lead to their goal.

I am not entirely sure John’s role in this game was helpful, either. Especially if he makes the runs toward their box and then just passes backwards when he gets close to a RM player.

Not sure what we could do to get Haaland more in to the game given they were doubling/tripling up on him whenever we get the ball near the box, which doesn’t even open up space for others, because neither Jack nor Bernardo, or Ilkay have really done much to attack the space created.

It very much looked like our plan was to play for a draw, and if we could nick the win, even better.

I am still confident we do the job at home and will be in the final, wherever it ends up being played.

All-in-all, I can’t really complain too much. And I think Eddie and Rodri deserve immense amounts of praise for their performances tonight.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.