Real Madrid (A) - Tues 9th April, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the new details that Ake, Walker and Gvardiol are out, I’d be very pragmatic in this one with Bernardo and Grealish playing basically as wing backs:

Ortega
Stones Dias Akanji
Bernardo Kovacic Rodri Grealish
De Bruyne Foden
Haaland​

The biggest job I can see tomorrow is City keeping their heads, The match officials will be under orders to make it a onesided game, City need a real performance and take as many chances as possible, Yes we are good enough to beat anybody home or away, But City have this (we do it the hard way) this season and go a goal down before we kick into gear

We can not let them boss us early and score, 3 key players need to perform for City KDB Haaland Foden, If they are in the mood then it will be ok and they will be scared of us more than the other way around.

#Together

Given the new details that Ake, Walker and Gvardiol are out, I’d be very pragmatic in this one with Bernardo and Grealish playing basically as wing backs:

Ortega
Stones Dias Akanji
Bernardo Kovacic Rodri Grealish
De Bruyne Foden
Haaland​

Could Bernardo play left back again and Rico Lewis right back

It's not so much about using 3 or 4 at the back, the poster explained that Rodri could make it a back 4 when we defend.

It's about whether Pep would go with Rico or with a more experienced player at Bernabeu. Pep started Bernardo at LB (or in a hybrid role?) at Arsenal last season.

Rico isn't a proper FB, let alone a LB. IIRC, he has had only one game at LB: when we lost at Spurs last season. I could see Pep going with Bernardo, Kovacic and Grealish for more control than only with 2 of these 3 and Rico.

I think Gvardiol will be fit and we'll play with Akanji, Stones, Dias and Gvardiol at the back.
Whoever we play we simply cannot start with three defenders and Rodri filling in as a fourth. Literally the first name on the team sheet is Rodri in the holding midfield linking defence and attack. I do agree with the rest of your post though. Gvadiol will probably have to play ahead of Ricoh but I worry about his pace though.

So it’s either Rico or Gvardiol tomorrow? Two seasons ago Walker’s injury cost us against Real. Hopefully it won’t be the case tomorrow. I’d guess that Pep will make sure Akanji is up against Vinicius Jr and if Lewis plays it will be be left back if Gvardiol is out.

It will be very tough match, we didn’t create a lot away last year but KDB bailed us out. We’ll need to create more and ride out any storm.

We have the quality but we need to be much sharper in preventing counters and must take any opportunities that come our way. Outside of Haaland, KDB, Foden and Rodri we don’t have enough goal threat. We need more from Grealish and Bernardo or Alvarez or Doku if they feature.

Did these cunts have their game at the weekend cancelled? Haven't checked this but heard someone say they didn't play a fixture at the weekend and so will have had 9 days to recover. La Liga are one set of corrupt wankers if so. Trying to give them every advantage!

Did these cunts have their game at the weekend cancelled? Haven't checked this but heard someone say they didn't play a fixture at the weekend and so will have had 9 days to recover. La Liga are one set of corrupt wankers if so. Trying to give them every advantage!
No, they didn't have their game cancelled but
there were no league fixtures in La Liga at the weekend.
Copa del Rey final was on.

Whoever we play we simply cannot start with three defenders and Rodri filling in as a fourth. Literally the first name on the team sheet is Rodri in the holding midfield linking defence and attack. I do agree with the rest of your post though. Gvadiol will probably have to play ahead of Ricoh but I worry about his pace though.
20 yo gvardiol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.