Real Madrid post match post mortem

Agree, my thoughts exactly. As you say just hope it hasn't taken too much out of the players physically and mentally. Also pray this match doesn't go to extra time and penalties as well. If it did I think it could seriously affect our premier league form.
Based on what I have seen over the past few years, this will bring Pep and the lads closer together and they will be extra steely determined to win on Sat. Remember after that travesty of an exit vs Spurs in CL 2019, a mere 3 days later we beat the same Spurs side in a crunch league game. You can question tactics sometimes, but the one label that should never be used with our boys is "bottlers"

I'm not that bothered about last night. We were the better team and lost on penalties after having 33 shots on goal to their 8. That is knockout football. That said , it was Shit defending for their goal.
I just hope the physical exhaustion is not too much for us to recover for the Chelsea game

Well they were lucky, even on that. Brilliant save off Rodrygo's shin, which came straight back to him. If you think about it, Real's first two goals at the Bernabeu were both a bit shit, too.

Any one of the other three teams to win it would be my wish. Not these diving, cheating, whining wankers.

Fuck the thought of Bellingham winning it.
Bellingham is a coward and couldn't live with this City team. He chose Madrid for easy street football, guaranteed silverware, England shirt and the Balon D'or. Non of which would be achievable in the Prem. He's a good player but that's as far as I go

Loads of Madrid fans around me in the East Stand, but the chances of Modric's hoof onto the North Stand landing in the lap of a Madrid fan must be thousands to one. The club has to sort this out at source - we're infiltrated every time Madrid come here. Obviously touts are set up on our system with massive numbers of so-called 'Friends and Family' on there.
You only had to see the amount of stewards pitch side at the left corner flag compared to the right side ( looking from the south ) before kickoff and through out the match. The club had to know in advance away fans will be in that area.

Well they were lucky, even on that. Brilliant save off Rodrygo's shin, which came straight back to him. If you think about it, Real's first two goals at the Bernabeu were both a bit shit, too.
definitely , the best team over the two legs has gone out but that is the lottery of penalties. I'm proud of the team as they gave everything and refuse to get disheartened about going out on penalties.

Another thing that has happened is that the Champions league is a lot more important to me than it was five years ago. I put it right up there with the league now. I also think we are considered one of the biggest clubs in Europe now , although the red shirts will never admit that. If you want entertainment us versus Real never fails to deliver

For me it just didn’t go our way, so much possession, so many shots, just didn’t get the rub of the green this time, and RM are experts at defending

You can't blame teams for being defensive against us, even if we are surprised the mighty Madrid had to do it. What rankles is the press reaction of "defensive masterclass" when it happens, along with the "City games are boring" mantra.

City games are only boring when the other team applies a "defensive masterclass". What are they expecting? If the other team comes to play, and is good enough to do it, City games are just as exciting as others' games, if not more so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.