Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

With about 55 games next season (hopefully more!), that's 330 starting berths for the front 6 (assuming every game is 4 at the back, which it wont be i suspect).

shared out between;

Ya Ya, Fernandinho, Gundogan,
D Silva, B Silva, KdB, Sterling, Sane
Aguero, Jesus, Iheanacho

that doesn't include Fernando, A Garcia, Delph, Nasri or Bony or signings to come. Personally i think Sanchez will come and I would have thought another top (young) defensive mid.

The question was about the team next season though, not tomorrow.

Sure, but despite the rumours and speculation we don't know those full backs will be. Ok I was being a little facetious with my selection (though it would be interesting to see it once), I should have done

RB, Kompany, Otamendi, LB
etc.

The goalkeeper and defence is pretty straight forward, it'll likely look like this:

Ederson
Alves - Kompany - Otamendi - Mendy

But the attacking positions are impossible to predict just because we have so much competition for places and we'll probably play multiple different systems with a lot of rotation...my guess is:

3 of Gundogan, KDB, David Silva, Fernandinho and Yaya
3 of Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Bernardo Silva and Sterling

The goalkeeper and defence is pretty straight forward, it'll likely look like this:

Ederson
Alves - Kompany - Otamendi - Mendy

But the attacking positions are impossible to predict just because we have so much competition for places and we'll probably play multiple different systems with a lot of rotation...my guess is:

3 of Gundogan, KDB, David Silva, Fernandinho and Yaya
3 of Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Bernardo Silva and Sterling

I wouldn't say the back four and is straight forward.

You have Alves as first choice but there'll be a lot or rotation between him and Walker. Similarly there'll be rotation with Mendy and Bertrand. With both full backs, I don't think there's a first choice, it'll be based on whoever is in the best form. Also at CB, Stones has been brought in for £50m and is young, I'm sure Pep has plans for him beyond him just being a bench player.

I reckon in the starting 11 next year there will be very few players that are automatic starters. Only two I can think of off the top of my head who would be are, D.Silva and Ederson.

Ederson
Hart
Alves
Walker
Mendy
Bertrand
Kompany
Bonucci
Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov
Yaya
Gundogan
Fernandinho
David
Bernardo
KDB
Sane
Sterling
Aguero
Jesus
Sanchez

Could get a top of the table and top 4 team out of that 22?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.