Record Store Day 2017

I've been out and bought vinyl today but not new or reissued stuff. Usually looking for albums from my youth that I taped on shite equipment or has dropout.

I'm pretty careful inspecting it all first though and it all goes on my Okki nokki cleaning machine before playing.

As others have suggested record store day was important in the past in keeping the idea of the format alive but some of the equipment being sold to play it on today is truly shocking.

Went to my regular record shop, everything half price. Usually get the place to myself but it was busy. Got News of the world for a fiver plus other albums.

Then popped into a pub round the corner that had a few stalls with sellers. I know them and one of them had put his prices up, new stickers on the plastic sleeves a big give away. He looked sheepish when I asked him about it the cheeky twat.

I've had an enjoyable day playing some of the stuff I bought , but either my record player is crap or the vinyl is because several of them jumped.
The Sex Pistols release was supposed to have slightly different mixes but so far I've not noticed any difference. And how can you leave Bodies off the album?!

I couldn't even finish playing the Smiths single cos it's one of my least favourite songs out of everything they ever did, B side is good though.
The The track is quite disappointing but I love the reggae EP which features all the reggae acts mentioned in the Clash classic White Man In Hammersmith Palais.

Interstellar Overdrive? Its the Steptoe theme isn't it?

I've had an enjoyable day playing some of the stuff I bought , but either my record player is crap or the vinyl is because several of them jumped.
The Sex Pistols release was supposed to have slightly different mixes but so far I've not noticed any difference. And how can you leave Bodies off the album?!

I couldn't even finish playing the Smiths single cos it's one of my least favourite songs out of everything they ever did, B side is good though.
The The track is quite disappointing but I love the reggae EP which features all the reggae acts mentioned in the Clash classic White Man In Hammersmith Palais.

Interstellar Overdrive? Its the Steptoe theme isn't it?

tell me more about the reggae ep please

I've been out and bought vinyl today but not new or reissued stuff. Usually looking for albums from my youth that I taped on shite equipment or has dropout.

I'm pretty careful inspecting it all first though and it all goes on my Okki nokki cleaning machine before playing.

As others have suggested record store day was important in the past in keeping the idea of the format alive but some of the equipment being sold to play it on today is truly shocking.
Would you recommend the Okki machine? Does the vinyl look new when cleaned ie shiny?

Would you recommend the Okki machine? Does the vinyl look new when cleaned ie shiny?

Yes, this one, pro-ject vc-s, moth mkII or nitty gritty. They are all pretty similar in what they do, let you wash it on a flat rotating surface then wet vac it off. You are talking 300-600 quid. Was going to buy the moth (go for mkII cos mk 1 doesn't have reverse) in a kit but this came up on eBay.

The vinyl comes up cleaner than new, it can be less shiny than the original as you can wash off the pressing mould release agent.

It will remove SOME crackles and pops, but will not make it like a CD. It beats damaging a 400 quid cartridge.

You need some fluid and a decent wet brush too ( camel hair). I have a second carbon fibre brush as well for brushing it before cleaning so that I don't get the one that I use before playing full of shite.

BTW, they are quite noisy, just a little bit less noisy than a vacuum cleaner

Managed get hold of what i wanted (was in hospital on record store day) also bought some vinyl not record store day exclusive.got jeff buckley - grace,all mod cons - the jam,quadrophenia - the who and screamadelica - primal scream.

Bank holiday on pay day isnt a good idea haha

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.