Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Something like

Can I get your hand to write on
Just a piece of leg to bite on
What a night to fly my kite on
Do you want to flash your light on

Each phrase although has meaning, in a complete sentence it's just not constructive at all...

It's like me saying

Have you got a piece of paper
Let's buy some banana vapor
I need to buy a stapler
Have you seen a pasta straightener
First two lines playful, sexual insinuation?
Third, metaphor for joy because of that.
Fourth, she's a prostitute?

A quick example how that could be interpreted... but music would be boring if everyone just wrote lyrics with obvious meaning. I enjoy trying to interpret lyrics when i listen to something new, sometimes in different ways on different listens.

As Meta says, sometimes they do just wing it. Some writers believe in an ethos of: if a song can't be finished in 20mins, scrap it. Though you don't know what they're writing about, many times they may just be writing something personal to themselves only they'd know the meaning of - if they've been on an LSD trip and he's describing a string of experiences? Or he may simply want to write from an alternate perspective etc. etc.

My lad saw them at the Arena in December and said it was a cracking gig.

Som

Class if you ask me. So what half of it doesn't "make sense" it's about having fun. Most artists have written some tripe that doesn't make sense, only for apologists to read too deeply into it trying to justify it.

Some people take things way to seriously.
Some deep songs, some fun ones. Love their melodies ,base lines.
Solid band that's been doing it for a minute.
New album is also pretty dope.
Can't stop playing that robot track.

Flea is a talented bassist. Chad is a decent drummer. Not a fan of Anthony of the four he could be replaced but then it won't be RHCP. I like them but that's me I listen to Janes Addiction. Sure the lyrics are not mind blowing literature but so was Kurt Cobain's. In the early 90s movement there weren't that strong emphasis on lyrics the only one I know who could write them was Billy Corgan. My favourite RHCP album is however Blood Sex Sugar Magik. Always makes the day cartoony.

Without John Frusciante, they've become a bit of a tribute act of themselves. But have written some decent stuff in their time and Flea is fantastic on bass.

Anyone interested in Frusciante should check out his earlier solo stuff. I would recommend Curtains for a bit of an acoustic-y intro to his stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.