Ref:Stories from the weekend Documentary - BT Sports 1

M M

mat

About to start. At one point it follows a certain high profile bottler.

All refs are microphoned up apart from Oliver. In fact the only time heard him speak so far is to the captain pre kick off.

I'm not watching but I suspect it will be an apologia of how difficult it is to persistently lie through yer teeth when the FArce come calling and they want you to go along with the charade of a disciplinary hearing!
It's feels like another sympathetic propaganda piece. Even more so because we can't listen in to what Oliver is saying on the pitch but the refs on all the other levels you can.

So let me get this we had a refs special on sky with carragher and Neville,and now bt have done a documentary on refs,take it it's just a coincidence..

So let me get this we had a refs special on sky with carragher and Neville,and now bt have done a documentary on refs,take it it's just a coincidence..
Indeed.

Red Webb is used to talk over the footage anytime oliver is shown making a decision or talking to players.

I think the problem with individual referees is threefold: first, the question of integrity. Are they gonna give up the chance of reffing a World Cup Final, a CL final, or, failing that appointment, a domestic final, by applying the laws of the game correctly and honestly to the match which is unfolding before their eyes? Secondly, have they the moral fibre and mental courage to make a decision regardless of how much of the game has passed or how little is left? Thirdly, not all the teams are treated by the referee equally. We get a cartload of bull shine as to judging match situations on 'their merits' and the usual claptrap about certain players not having certain 'manoeuvres' in their repertoire. All of which delivers a match result that very seldom reflects what has gone on during the game. I have seen enough of referees' performances over the last four or five seasons that leads me to believe that they value the appointment more than honesty and integrity.

They know the game is up and i think its because we have had enough and we have done another dossier so to speak like we did a few years back.

The sudden PR surrounding the refs from both Sky and BT is no accident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.