Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Well you state that with hindsight of audio Liverpool was an error as was yesterday
Clearly yesterday was an error how do you not know on audio he’s saying to the linemen - was he off I thought he was shit I blew too early
Why would the ref be corrupt come on
He wouldn't be asking the lino if he's off If you listen to audio that has been published the lino will say E.G. "Grealish off I'm letting it go" It's almost like a commentary of what they are seeing So, at the end of the phase of play, if it qualifies to be looked at, VAR will know to check straight away

There was no chance that Grealish would have been allowed to score anyway - the defender would hacked have him down, got sent off for the last 30 seconds of the match and City would have had a free kick 25 yards further up the pitch than the one that we did get.
i dont know about free kick bit sounds tad exaggerated

Just watched the regular 'Ref Watch' spot on SSN with dermot gallagher. He said a bunch of stuff, basically along the lines off. 'the poor referee made a mistake, he will be judged for a split second decision, everyone makes mistakes etc.'

Two interesting takes for me though were;

1. He couldn't explain as an ex referee why hooper chose to blow at that point.

2. He said what's surprised him the most is that out of all the PL referees, Hooper is the one that always plays the advantage. He couldn't understand why he didn't in this case

Are you saying that you've never seen a ref play advantage, then bring play back for the original foul, when no advantage occurs?

That must happen in nearly every game of football I've ever watched.
Yes. Referees normally wait a few seconds to make their decision. A few seconds is all it needs to see how a situation is developing. Then the decision is made. It is either play on, advantage, or award a foul.

You don't see a referee signalling advantage, then going back to award the free kick. I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Really - Everton away Rodri penalty
That decision has already been explained and VAR couldn't determine with 4 different angles if it was a handball This season it would have been a clear Not Handball as the law changed When looking at it Everton didn't gain any disadvantage it didn't stop a goal Rodri wasn't being challenged There was also talk that there was a possible offside that would have been looked at if VAR determined he had committed an offence

Yes. Referees normally wait a few seconds to make their decision. A few seconds is so it needs to see how a situation is developing. Then the decision is made. It is either play on, advantage, or award a foul.

You don't see a referee signalling advantage, then going back to award the free kick. I might be wrong.
You're definitely wrong.

Yesterday the problem was that he decided too quickly that there wasn't an advantage, but refs signal advantage, but then bring it back all the time.

Yes. Referees normally wait a few seconds to make their decision. A few seconds is so it needs to see how a situation is developing. Then the decision is made. It is either play on, advantage, or award a foul.

It happened yesterday in the first half, when he played advantage to City but it clearly wasn't after a few seconds and players and crowd indicating they wanted a freekick Not sure if he indicated though

I am a referee. You could if Grealish wasn’t getting the ball but Grealish through in goal. That’s why like Jermaine Jenas said it was a ‘monster of a mistake’. I say replay the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.