Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

1) It was a terrible decision.

2) The reaction by our players was unacceptable.

3) These two views can both be true

Yesterday, the U15 match where I was a lino was halted (& then restarted) because of foul language and allegations of corruption directed at the ref and linesmen by players. It doesn't need to be this way - but I believe that the standard set by the Premier League players cascades to lower levels and junior football. Sadly I'd support sanctions against our players

Referees bring it on themselves, they have all the technology now to try and eradicate them terrible decisions. Let the play go, technology can tell them to bring something back (which again is there to be used due to our referees being incapable) yet they still manage to fuck that up.

These aren’t referees learning their trade, they’re supposed to be at the top of their game and they’re not. It’s been shocking from them all round, this season particularly, they aren’t getting any better with VAR.

No doubt Howard Webb will be on the telly in a few days telling everyone how they fucked it up but how he’s striving to get it right. It’s all a mess, I’m slowly falling out of love with how the game is at the minute.

It could certainly be clearer.

"The referee can wait a few seconds to allow a possible advantage to develop, and if the non-offending team does not benefit and gains no advantage, the original free kick can be given. However, the non-offending team should not be given two chances, e.g. a player is fouled but recovers and has a shot at goal; if the player does not score, the referee cannot go back and give a free kick for the original offence."

Yesterday Hooper played the advantage. If nothing came of the advantage, he is not allowed to go back and give the free kick. There is not one precedent to what Hooper did yesterday.

There’s plenty. He gave the free kick after waiting four seconds and deciding (badly and wrongly) there wasn’t a good advantage. Yes they can go back if they do it quickly, they’ve always done that. What they can’t do is let Grealish go on and take a shot and then pull play back.

He didn’t give us two chances so by that, he didn’t go against the law. What he did do was blow way too early and so fucked up. Badly.

1) It was a terrible decision.

2) The reaction by our players was unacceptable.

3) These two views can both be true

Yesterday, the U15 match where I was a lino was halted (& then restarted) because of foul language and allegations of corruption directed at the ref and linesmen by players. It doesn't need to be this way - but I believe that the standard set by the Premier League players cascades to lower levels and junior football. Sadly I'd support sanctions against our players

What sanctions will be taken against the u15 team ? If we are applying top level sporting behaviour to lower levels, it's all equal ?

I agree that grassroots cope the pl just look at the shocking behaviour of manager/coaches all thinking they can behave like pisscan

Referees bring it on themselves, they have all the technology now to try and eradicate them terrible decisions. Let the play go, technology can tell them to bring something back (which again is there to be used due to our referees being incapable) yet they still manage to fuck that up.

These aren’t referees learning their trade, they’re supposed to be at the top of their game and they’re not. It’s been shocking from them all round, this season particularly, they aren’t getting any better with VAR.

No doubt Howard Webb will be on the telly in a few days telling everyone how they fucked it up but how he’s striving to get it right. It’s all a mess, I’m slowly falling out of love with how the game is at the minute.

There was no chance that Grealish would have been allowed to score anyway - the defender would hacked have him down, got sent off for the last 30 seconds of the match and City would have had a free kick 25 yards further up the pitch than the one that we did get.

Of course it's a case of nothing to see here, just a mistake by Hooper, afterall it's only City who suffered so no great harm done. That's the narrative in a nutshell right?

Normally I would agree. This season it seems all teams have been screwed over badly. It's like the pl refs have got alot worse this season

It's not up to me to guess at his motives, it's up to him to explain his decision.
In your opinion.
In my opinion he wasnt corrupt, or a cheat because i believe hes just not up to the job and i believe he just fucked up and got it wrong. Hes not competent.

So you belive , in your opinion, hes a cheat because ……

It has not happened in a single game you have watched.

What you have seen many times is for a referee to wait a short while to see if an advantage develops before making the decision to play an advantage or award the foul. But once they make the decision to allow an advantage, or not to, there is no provision in the laws of the game allowing them to change their mind.

What happened yesterday is that the ref saw Haaland get fouled, saw him get back up and decided to play an advantage, as he signals with his arm. Having done that, and with Grealish clear through on goal, he then blew for the foul.

He didn't wait to make his call and then get it wrong. He made his call and then changed his mind.

The laws don't permit that.

There’s no provision in the law against that either though. Not to signal for the advantage before wait and see is a recommendation, it’s not a rule that once that signal has been made it can’t still be brought back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.