Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Rodri at Everton will be brought up for the next 10 years everytime we get fucked over by the officials won't it?...
One possibly wrong decision in our favour over the last 10 years (that was actually the correct decision according to the rules in place that season) allows all bad decisions against us to be ignored.

And I've watched it, and think your answer is bullshit mate ;)

If he's doing it on purpose, why not just blow the first time, when no-one is going to argue about advantage?

Someone suggested it's panic - and I don't think that's the right word. It's making a fast decision under stress, and getting it wrong.
why wave play on and then blow, it just doesn't make any sense

Ref fucks up, oh well he must be corrupt. Grow up.

Season before last rodri got away with a very very blatant hand ball v everton. Remember?
Cost liverpool the title that decision. Was that corrupt too?
One grain of sand in the desert. Give me a bad decision for us and I'll give you tenfold more against us.

Last edited:
Referee made a huge error.

Haaland's miss early in the game was a huge error.

Would it be acceptable for Foden to shout at Erling in the way Erling did at the referee?

The difference being, the Referee has to officiate the laws of the game correctly at ‘all times’. Haaland is allowed to miss an open goal every now and again.

Referee made a huge error.

Haaland's miss early in the game was a huge error.

Would it be acceptable for Foden to shout at Erling in the way Erling did at the referee?
I’ll bet there was some retribution/penance extracted by the team and the manager afterwards!

It’s not in the laws that that decision is final, the guidance is that they can do this -

“The referee can wait a few seconds to allow a possible advantage to develop, and if the non-offending team does not benefit and gains no advantage, the original free kick can be given.“

Ideally he shouldn’t have raised his arm to signal advantage but that’s a recommendation not a law. Some refs do it, some don’t.
So why didn't he obey the part of the law or guidance you have quoted? I've asked a couple of times now. Someone show just one single example of a referee playing advantage and signalling, and then bringing the game back for the original foul. It doesn't happen in football. It does happen in rugby.

Ref fucks up, oh well he must be corrupt. Grow up.

Season before last rodri got away with a very very blatant hand ball v everton. Remember?
Cost liverpool the title that decision. Was that corrupt too?

The issue with the Rodri handball was that from certain angles it may have hit his sleeve. Thus not handball but as the referee had not given a penalty it wasn’t a clear and obvious error because VAR could not be sure it was handball. If the penalty was awarded it wouldn’t have been overturned. It probably was handball but because of the angle of Rodri’s body it couldn’t be confirmed either way. As such VAR made the right call based on the criteria it operates under.

For some reason, probably because it was a decision that negatively affected Liverpool, it has been treated as one of the worst decisions of all time. There have been many far worse in recent seasons but it is a stick that has been used to beat us repeatedly.

So why didn't he obey the part of the law or guidance you have quoted? I've asked a couple of times now. Someone show just one single example of a referee playing advantage and signalling, and then bringing the game back for the original foul. It doesn't happen in football. It does happen in rugby.
Are you saying that you've never seen a ref play advantage, then bring play back for the original foul, when no advantage occurs?

That must happen in nearly every game of football I've ever watched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.