Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I haven’t watched the game back and won’t do as it pisses me off

What I would say is that my view from the game was -

3 mins h1 and 4 mins half 2 injury time was woefully inadequate. H2 there were var reviews, plenty of subs and amazing amounts of chelsea time wasting. Arsenal or Liverpool would have got 5 or 6 mins h1 and 8 to 10 mins h2. It’s clear, like Newcastle away, we don’t get injury time like they do. It’s bent

Chelsea should have had 2 pens v Liverpool and Brentford 1, neither got any and Chelsea’s first was at 0 0. Bent

We should have had 2 pens yesterday - both at my end of the ground, both neither Madley or Banks were ever going to give us, both would have been given to the dippers

We are being deliberately and systematically fucked over by refs and the red clubs are favoured. PL heads have admitted what’s best for the brand, and it ain’t us

united winning the prem year after year is apparently good for the product, as is Chelsea winning the WSL every year. Us winning it is not

The only big club to get financially scrutinised and fucked over is us. Rags fail it and get fuck all punishment, Liverpool fail it and get fuck all punishment, Liverpool illegally hack and get fuck all punishment? Liverpool have 75% asthmatics and nothing is said

Football is bent as fuck

It won’t and can’t be exactly the same. The games aren’t played in a vacuum.
Yes thats true. But they can be managed in a like fashion. In the everton and chelsea games he reffed us, they were similar. Lots of man handling, constant fouls and breaks in play with no yellows. No major decisions made (ie he left to var).
so with us he seems to have a style. I just ask that it be universal. Or does he ref different teams differently, not out of corruption just out of nuance? Which in itself is wrong.

There have been more cards for dissent this season than last, so far.

I didn’t think the ref had a great game yesterday, but there have been far worse than him.

No.

The crowd got their keeper booked and probably Caicedo too.
The cards for dissent were all towards the start of the season, there have been comparatively few in the last few months, probably going back to the same sort of levels as we have seen for the seasons preceding this one, that's why I think that using the United fans tweet as proof of the partisan nature of football fans isn't a good example because yellows for dissent have all but stopped for all teams now.

I see that you don't think the referee had a great game but that isn't what I asked, do you think he applied the laws of the game fairly and equally to both teams?

I disagree that the crowd got yellow cards for Caicedo and their keeper, their own actions did. If the home crowd had affected the referees decisions then City would have had 3 penalties and they would have been down 10, or possibly 9 men depending on if the keeper carried on time-wasting, men before the end of the game. If you think that the crowd pressured the referee into giving those two cards out then aren't you essentially saying the crowd had to pressure the referee into making the correct decision? Or do you think the yellow cards given to Caicedo and their keeper were wrong decisions?

Yes thats true. But they can be managed in a like fashion. In the everton and chelsea games he reffed us, they were similar. Lots of man handling, constant fouls and breaks in play with no yellows. No major decisions made (ie he left to var).
so with us he seems to have a style. I just ask that it be universal. Or does he ref different teams differently, not out of corruption just out of nuance? Which in itself is wrong.
To err is to be human. Unless robots take over, there will always be different decisions made on identical incidents in different games.

The cards for dissent were all towards the start of the season, there have been comparatively few in the last few months, probably going back to the same sort of levels as we have seen for the seasons preceding this one, that's why I think that using the United fans tweet as proof of the partisan nature of football fans isn't a good example because yellows for dissent have all but stopped for all teams now.

I see that you don't think the referee had a great game but that isn't what I asked, do you think he applied the laws of the game fairly and equally to both teams?

I disagree that the crowd got yellow cards for Caicedo and their keeper, their own actions did. If the home crowd had affected the referees decisions then City would have had 3 penalties and they would have been down 10, or possibly 9 men depending on if the keeper carried on time-wasting, men before the end of the game. If you think that the crowd pressured the referee into giving those two cards out then aren't you essentially saying the crowd had to pressure the referee into making the correct decision? Or do you think the yellow cards given to Caicedo and their keeper were wrong decisions?
Refereeing always goes in waves. Eg. Fouls on keepers. Once the Luton goal was given, we’ve had more goals given than normal. It’ll revert back to over protecting keepers at some point.

Same with penalties being overturned. The bar gets moved higher and higher until a blatant one is ignored. Then softer ones get given for a while.

Same with grappling at corners.

I don’t think the referee applied the laws of the game differently to the teams yesterday. You can try to debate that you believe he did, but that’s all that is.

Crowds can influence decisions. Look in lockdown when there were less home wins than usual. They can’t influence every decision though.

Referees are humans. They can be swayed by crowds. It doesn’t make them bent/corrupt criminals. It’s when they’re not 100% sure and that extra persuasion makes them make a decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.