Ref Watch

Why was that not a pen whilst Haaland conceded a free kick in our 18 yard box for putting his hand on the players shoulder?
It wasn't a penalty because it wasn't in the box but it was a freekick and a red card though it would have been soft, he did reach out and pull the shoulder, not sure how anybody looking at it can not have come to that conclusion... Oh wait.

Ok. Decisions, all processed extremely quickly, some pay off, some don’t. Perhaps he thought he had a better chance of success by going down, perhaps he thought I’m being impeded, that impediment will reduce the probability of scoring. I recall Foden staying on his feet a lot in past matches, when the consensus was that he should’ve gone down and ‘won’ the penalty. I remember the reaction was that he’ll learn.

But ultimately I can see we have wildly different interpretations of what a foul is, so best to leave it there.
Everyone's interpretation of what a foul is is different and that's the point. Winners take control and take the possibility of arbitrary decisions which are completely subjective out of the equation altogether.

If Haaland is through 1vs 1 with the keeper do you back him to score.....I know I do so you would think he should!

it still wouldn't have been a penalty. The pull happened outside the box.
And that is one of the differences in the variable thresholds for awarding frees - we have to be five yards inside the box for the ref to ill-consider it, and then turn it down! And any foul around the edge of the box, where Kev or Riyad can whip the kick into the top corner, is summarily dismissed.

The thing about Haaland is that his strength, in most cases, where attacker and defender are bearing down on goal, draws a foul from the defender by boring into him, pushing and shoving. Question: When is a push not a push? Ans: When the outcome would be a City free kick on the edge of the area.

I've long since been pissed off with the way we are denied what the likes of the Dippers 'n Rags had delivered on a plate, but now the outcome of this season is being manipulated by constantly waiving away one foul after another.

There’s no fucking way that was a foul by the Forest defender. Haaland did exactly the same thing to get in front of him in the first place and it wasn’t a foul to Forest (their player resisted cheating at that moment, unlike Haaland).

It was a shamefully pathetic dive and I hope I never see anything like that again from him.

I only disagreed with three things the ref did yesterday, one where Grealish was aimlessly running horizontally across the pitch and he was tripped and the ref waved play-on. I thought the lad standing on Foden’s foot should have been booked but wasn’t. And I thought Rodri got away with a booking n’all.

There’s no fucking way that was a foul by the Forest defender. Haaland did exactly the same thing to get in front of him in the first place and it wasn’t a foul to Forest (their player resisted cheating at that moment, unlike Haaland).

It was a shamefully pathetic dive and I hope I never see anything like that again from him.

I only disagreed with three things the ref did yesterday, one where Grealish was aimlessly running horizontally across the pitch and he was tripped and the ref waved play-on. I thought the lad standing on Foden’s foot should have been booked but wasn’t. And I thought Rodri got away with a booking n’all.
Spot on re Haaland. The size of the lad and he’s goes down like that trying to win the penalty. Thought his attitude was poor yesterday to be honest. He should just play his game, he’s bigger, stronger and quicker that most defenders, no need for this shite.

He’s lucky the ref didn’t give a pen (in a way) as his game in & around the box is brute force & physicality, countless times in a game where he is giving as good as he gets, he pushes, pulls and hands people off like a rugby player, that pen gets given & every contest he makes in future is a free kick to the opposition, I can’t condemn him for trying like, in the past (looking at you Vardy) that’s enough for a red, “there’s contact, it’s soft but the ref had no choice” would’ve been the cry, Kyle’s been called an idiot in the media for less

For me, refereeing bias isn't about us not getting the BIG decisions (BUT the pull on Laporte from a corner in the first half WAS a pen IMO), it's about the constant giving of free-kicks to the opposition when they fall to the floor after minimal contact, whilst simultaneously either waving away blatant trips and fouls on us, or continually playing non-existent advantage because we've "still got the ball".

It

happens

EVERY

game

we

play

:(

We are 100% refereed under a different set of thresholds to every other "big" team.

Fucking booked for time wasting after 36 minutes? Do me a favour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.