Ref Watch

This is at least one more example than you have provided of a referee stopping a game to administer a red card to a team official.
It’s the same number now Klopp got sent off on Sunday…

Literally nobody outside of our forum/social media is making the smallest issue out of this.

It seems a way to cope with our defeat better as we were “cheated” out of a potential attack.

Can you provide examples where the referee stopped play during a clear advantaged attack to send off a manager (especially the manager of the defending team)?

One isn’t a manager, but the two Newcastle players fighting with themselves. The game definitely stopped then.

Haha. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I think you are being contrary for the sake of it now.

You seriously think two players actually having a fight on the pitch during play is comparable to Klopp giving verbal abuse from his technical area?

Yes, they are both off the ball violent conduct red cards. One physical, one verbal.

I suggest you study the LOTG more closely. Something I have used to inform my contributions to the debate. You won't find anything there about violent verbal abuse.

I don’t need to. Try dissent.

Ok. I'm including the wider discussion thread here in order to provide context.

If there is dissent from a team official he should be given a caution. Dissent isn't violent verbal abuse, as you have implied.

A red card can be issued to an official for using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or actions.

I'm still to hear any justification from the LOTG or from previous situations where a referee has stopped a game to issue a red card to a team official for using offensive or insulting or abusive language. I'm discounting the Bowyer v Dyer fight for obvious reasons.

I know you would like to have the last word on this matter, so I'll say now. I won't bother to respond to your reply to this, unless of course you can find a substantial example to back up your rather feeble attempt to justify this clearly wrong decision.

Taylor was a **** yesterday who let them kick fuck out of us, again. The idea that he wasn’t in league with the twat on VAR is laughable.
he let a lot go safe in the knowledge only City would get pulled up.
usually a lesser experienced ref will not pull up a senior ref unless it’s a really obvious mistake, England or whatever the **** is called must have seen loads going unpunished, and knew what the deal was. BUT surprise surprise the bastard jumped straight in knowing he had single handedly scratched out our goal.
Playing to the crowd, plain and simple. The fuckin clueless coward

Ok. I'm including the wider discussion thread here in order to provide context.

If there is dissent from a team official he should be given a caution. Dissent isn't violent verbal abuse, as you have implied.

A red card can be issued to an official for using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or actions.

I'm still to hear any justification from the LOTG or from previous situations where a referee has stopped a game to issue a red card to a team official for using offensive or insulting or abusive language. I'm discounting the Bowyer v Dyer fight for obvious reasons.

I know you would like to have the last word on this matter, so I'll say now. I won't bother to respond to your reply to this, unless of course you can find a substantial example to back up your rather feeble attempt to justify this clearly seeing decision.
I can’t be arsed mate. You knock yourself out knowing you are right, whilst it means the square root of fuck all.

There isn’t any precedent for this incident. Now there is.

It’s the same number now Klopp got sent off on Sunday…

Literally nobody outside of our forum/social media is making the smallest issue out of this.

It seems a way to cope with our defeat better as we were “cheated” out of a potential attack.
Oooh, AHT, I am convinced as I've never before been 'convinced' that Erling Vikingen would have buried that chance and by the ferocity in the shot have carried Allisson through the net and half way up the terracing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.