Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pawson,spurs game,2 horror tackles,enough said

Not enough said ,semi final let them kick the shit out of dave so he got injured
Sadly, I fear Sunday will follow a similar pattern, and Pawson will once again give Koscielny & Co. carte blanche to inflict similar strife on Merlin, throughout the game, without any censure whatsoever.

Thuggery which, of course, will go “unseen” again by the that fine upstanding guardian of the games moral values, Arsene Wenger

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle I have found recently that Bob Madley is starting to give us some of the 50/50 decisions, Moss is slowly starting to come round on to our side. The 2 worst refs for us are Pawson and Taylor. I have yet to see 1 of these gives us anything in our favour, any 50/50 always goes to the opponents. I am expecting nothing from him except probably to book at least 4 if not more of our players, while he will allow Arsenal to kick us of the park on Sunday, just like last year in the semi-final, when he allowed Arsenal to kick David Silva out of the game in the 1st half.

I remember at last years semi final Pawson giving our players a hard time for moaning about the Arsenal players persistent fouling but showed no willingness to talk to Gabrielle or Kocelney who both got away with murder. Of course the first tackle we put in is hit with a yellow card. Pawson has been picked to do a job on us on Sunday. Arsenal will be gifted the cup just as the Rags were last year.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle I have found recently that Bob Madley is starting to give us some of the 50/50 decisions, Moss is slowly starting to come round on to our side. The 2 worst refs for us are Pawson and Taylor. I have yet to see 1 of these gives us anything in our favour, any 50/50 always goes to the opponents. I am expecting nothing from him except probably to book at least 4 if not more of our players, while he will allow Arsenal to kick us of the park on Sunday, just like last year in the semi-final, when he allowed Arsenal to kick David Silva out of the game in the 1st half.
I fear similar. The only straw I’m clinging to is, had Var been in operation last year, we would’ve won despite Pawson’s antics. Let’s hope it’s inclusion this year works in our favour

Not too sure of the exact words he used, owing to the fact that I was at the game, rather than listening to his commentary, but didn’t the reason Ian Cheeseman eventually lost the City gig at Radio Manchester (United), supposedly have something to do with him daring to publicly criticise Taylor’s diabolical refereeing display, (on air), following Chelsea’s 3-1 victory at the Etihad in December 2016?

On a side note, (Given that they are “supposedly” a pro Manchester Radio station) their toe curlingly pro Wigan stance, both before, during, & after Monday’s game, was absolutely disgraceful

The BBC in the North West (and possibly elsewhere) is so overrun with red fifth that it has proved itself repeatedly unable to conjure up even a semblance of objectivity when reporting City. I used to be a big fan of the Beeb and thought they were a cut above but sadly little better than the MUEN these days infact despite the groundswell of Rag shit in the MUEN give credit where it’s due Brennan does write some decent stuff here and there so BBC sport is actually the bottom of the pile after Murdochs comics.

Take out the big wins which Pawson cant realistically stop and it all falls apart. Mason seems awful but i'm not 100% convinced. The only one i'd really bet against City with is Taylor (not that I can bring myself to do it..!). The data sample with Pawson is really compelling but I think more evidence is needed.

Tight games under Pawson since 2011 - W2-1, 1-1 (L2-1 AET), L1-0, 2-2,0-0,0-0. May just be random chance but 1 win out of 6 tight games.....

Another good sign is to look at the league tables using results from the games the referee has been in charge of. The data is all there. I work out the points each team would have and then adjust for a 38 game season. So if a referee has had 20 games for one team, I work out their points from those games, multiply by 38 and divide by the number of games (ie 20). This is not an exact science but over several seasons shows some interesting and alarming stats.

First we need a reference point, so lets work out the average points per season for the teams over the last 6 years.

City 82
Chelsea 75
Utd 75
Arsenal 72
Spurs 72
Liverpool 67

So one team is clearly well ahead over that period and therefore over a 6 year sample we'd expect the games witheach of our referees under study to reflect that with some variance... or not as it happens..

Based on Pawson's games in this period the table would be :

Utd 90!!!! (+15)
Liverpool 74 (+7)
City 73 (-9)

Alarm bells start to ring especially as ALL OF THOSE GAMES ARE POST TAGGART when they have been awful!!!!!. It may just be random chance of course and it's not based on lots of games. Lets have a look at Taylor...

Utd 85 (+10pts)
Arsenal 81 (+9)
Liverpool 75 (+8)
City 72 (-10)

Starting to see a pattern yet??

Next let's look at Mason's league table

Chelsea 98 (+23)
Arsenal 85 (+13)
Utd 81 (+6)
Spurs 76 (+4)
City 73 (-12)

Doesn't look like a rag supporter despite our fears about him. City well below expected levels though. This could be an anomaly though (see below)

Of course there was a massive change in 2013 when Taggart retired so Utd's numbers may have been skewed by his two years in our study. So looking at the tables since Taggart, the average points are as follows:

City 82
Chelsea 77
Arsenal 73
Liverpool 72
Spurs 72
Utd 70

Pawson in these 5 seasons:

Utd 90!! (+20!!!)
Liverpool 74 (+2)
City 73 (-9)

Taylor

Utd 81 (+9)
Liverpool 78 (+6)
Arsenal 76 (+3)
City 65 (-17)

Mason

City 101
Chelsea 95
Arsenal 88
Utd 76

Suggests that in recent years, despite appearances Mason maybe isn't as awful as we think, but Taylor and Pawson just look like rag sympathisers....

The above is not actually 100% accurate as the referee based tables include cup games whereas the reference table are based on league points. To be really accurate I should have looked up all cup games for the teams and added to the reference data but I didn't have time.

Thanks for this thorough explanation. It was my gut feeling this would be the case, but to see the effect quantified like this, just confirms my instincts were correct. Staggering....!!

It's inevitable that Pawson is going to be another hero referee. I am hoping that this is going to be the game that we are going to be more clinical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.