Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, it's more the nature and circumstances our fouls are committed that warrant many of the yellow cards, we can be quite cynical at times, that's not to say we don't get shafted, we do, without question, I just don't think the yellow card/possession stat is a relevant one.

The correlation between possession and yellow/red cards in the top 5 European leagues that strangely we appear to be the only "possession based" team that falls foul of.

Ps... There's some of cnut in the other refereeing thread called Harry on the wind up too, at least try and be subtle.

That's annoyed me more than it should. Are footballers really that think? Both him and Daniels have mentioned us scoring in 97th when 5 mins were put up. Neither have the gumption to notice the first minute of injury time was a lecture from Dean to the managers and then after that they had a man 'injured' for over two minutes and then a substitution. The ball was in play for less than 30 seconds by the end of the fourth minute of injury time.

But comments like these set the tone of the debate. Everyone that didn't see the game but reads these comments will think Dean did us a favour on Saturday as opposed to screwing us.
Also mate, as I pointed out the other day, the game carried on for nearly 3 mins AFTER we scored.

Don't forget the mocking inflammatory tweet either about " Nice to see old friends again" and laughing faces printed by every tabloid, but no action taken. Personally I don't care we give him dogs abuse everytime he plays against us so can accept it back, but would one of our players have got away with it?

Think about the Mendy Bullet header tweet - he was hounded to the point where he ended up apologising

Also mate, as I pointed out the other day, the game carried on for nearly 3 mins AFTER we scored.

3 mins in which they could have scored as well had they all not been timewasting, rolling about on the floor or playing a flat back 10!

The correlation between possession and yellow/red cards in the top 5 European leagues that strangely we appear to be the only "possession based" team that falls foul of.

Ps... There's some of cnut in the other refereeing thread called Harry on the wind up too, at least try and be subtle.

Not a wind up pal, take a look at many of our fouls individually, they're quite cynical in nature, little trips,pull backs, blocks etc when the opposition is on the counter especially, I can see why we get yellow carded with many, other fouls not so, not saying we're a dirty team of cloggers, we're far from that, we're just a bit more 'strategic' and 'clever' with it, that tends to skew the data, I'm just saying it as I see it without any blue-tinted specs, that's all, if you disagree, that's fine.

PS as I also point out, we do get shafted by the officials big time, and I believe there's more to it than just incompetence (my post history will confirm which side of the fence I'm on here), so, not much of a wum really, so stop getting your knickers in a twist bud ;-).

That makes sense. Unfortunately common sense doesn't come in to it. Dean actually started ok calling Kompany over early on after there had been several niggly challenges. What frustrates me is after that he missed all the big decisions starting with Ake taking down Gabby Jesus. Factor in the fact refs are totally. Inconsistent and we have a mess. Maybe City should show the Premier League a show real of some of the truly awful decisions we've had over the last 12-18 months.

I'd be shocked if we get through the next game with 11 on the pitch at the end.

Not sure if Begovic is taking the piss here. He must've missed decision not to send Ake off, to let Cook challenge go unpunished & to send Sterling off.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...egovic-bournemouth-manchester-city-refereeing

Just read this myself. As other posters have pointed out, the whole first minute of added time was spent with Sané waiting to take a corner as Mike Dean went over to the bench, followed by an injury break a little later on.

Shame Ben Fisher couldn't be arsed to detail why the minimum amount of added time ended up being more to add balance to the article.

You aren't doing it justice. It was smashed at Micahfrom about six feet away, hit his foot and richoche'd (how the f... do you spell that..) on to his arm. Fat **** (no problem spelling that) Phil Dowd couldn't wait to give it.

I was able to look directly at Dowd's face from where I was stood - the look was one of absolute glee that he had the opportunity to award a penalty - total fucking cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.