Referees/Officials

I have to be honest and say that I am not a fan of the CL, and one of the reasons for that is the performances of the officials towards the like of Barceloa, RM, etc.

There is absolutely no justification for the ridiculous card given to Sterling when the was clear contact by Umtiti, thus denying City a penalty.

There were also numerous flaws within his overall performance which demonstrated a clear bias in favour of Barcelona , which is simply corrupt in favour of the UEFA staus quo.

I appreciate that the CL is the holy grail for our owners, but I seriously doubt that I will ever fall in love with the competition due to the blatant corruption demonstrated by the UEFA and their officials.

PL and domestic competitions are the important to me, but I'm only a punter paying my money to watch my beloved team.

Boo UEFA and every other rancid organisation at every opportunity imo - it's the one way we have to shown our disapproval.

Well done tp Pep and the buys for beating both Braca and the officials !!

If anybody saw...at half-time, John Stones putting his hand on the shoulder of the referee who reacts with major disdain.

Up steps Lionel Messi, who manages to put his arm around the twot and not a flying fuck was given then.
I did see. Messi was allowed at least four lengthy moans at the referee between his penalty appeal and leaving the pitch at half time.

How much easier it is for teams like Barca to compete for the Champions League each year, with that kind of help.

Hardly a new thing either. Leeds were regularly getting stiffed out of the European Cup in the 70's.

Only two teams in this country get similar help & both play in red.

Sterling booked for "diving"
Messi actually diving and ...................nothing.

Joke of a ref - these people need to be made accountable.

We've been subjected to some pretty bad refereeing performances in the Champions League, but that was ridiculous last night. As someone else said, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but there is no way he was impartial last night. The decision to book Sterling rather than award the penalty was a disgrace. The ref had a clear view of it. On a side note, Messi is as bad as Rooney for trying to ref games.

The Busquets situation was the same as Mr Potato Head in the league derby. A number of clear yellow card offences simply ignored. And how Digne was still on the pitch at half time is a complete mystery. Well it's not a mystery really.

It reminded me of Foy in the 2011/12 game at Norwich, who was determined to stop us winning and booked Tevez in very similar circumstances to Sterling last night. In the end, not even he could influence the result as we blew Norwich away like we blew Barca away.

And the club definitely knew that Foy was dodgy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.