Referees/Officials

You are seeing nothing more or less than Scudamore and the PL manipulating the destination of the title and top 4 every season.

He has virtually admitted to it.

Good article by Stuart Brennan, changes nothing. Until referees are required to explain decisions publicly, nothing will change. I have no issue with mistakes, they happen all the time in all walks of life. However in general, people are required to explain/atone/correct them. Referees it would seem are not

I used to moan about refs. Don't even get angry any more. I don't think the consiously cheat during a game, they're just not fit for purpose.

After the game they'll say and do what Trafford Mike Riley tells them.
I think some of them do cheat. For example, as often happens, when you see persistent fouling unpunished and then the card comes out immediately for one of our own with an innocuous first offence. Sometimes it's blindingly obvious they are trying to affect the result.

You are seeing nothing more or less than Scudamore and the PL manipulating the destination of the title and top 4 every season.

He has virtually admitted to it.
Absolutely bang on the button.
While naive fans up and down the country were busy fixing away match ticket prices and noisy singing ends
The powers that be were quietly " putting plans into place to ensure there are different winners of the premier league each season"
For those of you who still haven't grasped the fucker,the premiership global audience is far more important than you.

And doesn't even mention Kante going through the back of Gundogan in the area in that Chelsea match!

It doesn't mention a whole host of incidents. Wilshere's handball at the Emirates in the 2-2, the 3 penalties Oliver ignored in the last but one derby at the Etihad, 2 of which were blatant, Chalobah staying on the field for the same offence Fernandinho was red carded for (as part of the same incident as well!), Son Heung Min getting a 'talking to' for the EXACT same offence Sergio was booked for at Burnley earlier in the season by the same referee, and if you want to chuck the Chimps League into the equation, Kun and Raheem both booked for diving when they were clearly tripped. If you want to go back further, remember Fatty Dowd giving that outrageous handball against Micah in the League Cup semi, or Carragher's horrendous (and unpunished) two footer in the return leg, barely 3 days after Vinny was sent off against the rags for the same offence amidst a blizzard of publicity over 'that type of foul'? And that's without even starting on the benevolence shown to our rivals so they might prosper at our expense. No-one remembers it now, but whilst we were beating West Ham to win the title in 2014, Dowd (again) was at Klanfield where with Liverpool losing he produced two of the lamest red cards you will ever see for Newcastle players (one for an accidental collision in the middle of the park, the other for the mildest piece of dissent imaginable over the awarding of a free kick to the dippers) to try and turn the game for them.

We're at the point now where my default position for any big game involving City is that I go to the match expecting to be cheated, and it doesn't matter if we're talking about media pressure, FA pressure, conscious bias, unconscious bias, or referees who lack the integrity to register their true allegiances with the FA as the catalyst, the fact is we are the ones getting stiffed over and over and over again.

We could go back and highlight many, but I think it's best to stick to this season and the English refs, partly because I can remember most of them still!

Some of those are potentially arguable - there have certainly been differing opinions for the Aguero/Son thing on here - but the stack is pretty good just for this season. Stephen Tudor could probably just compile them to make an article! It would be instructive to see what we've got that we shouldn't have got, but I suspect it may be quite a short list.

It's harder to recall which linesmen make the howlers, but in many ways, they're worse. e.g. Walker's push for example must have been there for the linesman to see, but I think Marriner's view was blocked by Walker.
I also think the linesman ought to have seen one of the double foul on Sunday - it just gave the impression that Oliver had told his linesman not to give fouls.

And that's before the trial by video/absence of trial by video for Swedish players and Rojo.

What I detest is the preening of Riley and his 98% correct decisions, and linesman have 45 offsides a match to decide on. It's rubbish, as most of them are yards onside. The only thing that matters is wrong decisions - if it was reported that a ref gave 10 penalties against City a season there would be outrage, but if they were all for e.g. handball on the goalline, then there wouldn't be any complaint at the ref for applying the laws.

Absolutely bang on the button.
While naive fans up and down the country were busy fixing away match ticket prices and noisy singing ends
The powers that be were quietly " putting plans into place to ensure there are different winners of the premier league each season"
For those of you who still haven't grasped the fucker,the premiership global audience is far more important than you.

Those Scudamore comments rarely get the credence and recognition they deserve.

So once again Michael Oliver blatantly fails to give us a penalty my Raheem was clattered by James Milner and their goalkeeper. Is Michael Oliver a Liverpool or a rag supporter it certainly looks like it. That ref should not be allowed any where near a Manchester City match ever again. I just don't trust him ever to give us the right decision. I have just got a funny feeling that he will be given the Manchester derby, and a rag player will punch the ball off the goal line and he will still say it is not a penalty.

Michael Oliver is not fit to ref even on the playing field of Hough End.

Michael Oliver, no penalty this week against dippers, no penalty in League Cup Final last season against dippers, no penalty against Southampton but books Serge for diving. Do we see a pattern.

Incidentally it was him reffing last week rags v Chel $ki when he lost control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.