Referees/Officials

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by blueinsa, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Eds

Eds

Does anyone know whether or not the conversations between the officials are recorded? If they are, can clubs request to hear the tapes to hear how decisions are arrived at. My guess is they aren't recorded and even if they were clubs wouldn't be allowed to hear them.

2. Mikejl

Mikejl

Snowflake
    Interesting, Mason has been outed as both a rag and a Bolton fan, Bolton hate Burnley, hmmm how's this going to turn out

3. Tarzan41

Tarzan41

Looking at those appointments it looks like Clattenberg for the derby. Chance to make up for not sending Bravo off as Maureen told him to last time

4. Eds

Eds

Think Rooney will be the ref for this one as he has been for countless other games

5. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Guaranteed start for Rooney. With him as ref Rooney could put half the team in hospital before Rooney receives a mild rebuke. Still Bitter over Bellemy's 2 yellows for sweet fa.

6. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Surely it wouldn't be that hard for someone to hack the frequency and listen in during the games?

7. Gordyola

Gordyola

Yes ever since this incident https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/28/mark-clattenburg-accused-racial-slur-chelsea not sure if clubs can ask to listen though

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/nov/22/match-official-conversation-mike-riley

Must have some secure line otherwise by now there would be recordings all over the web

8. mashipx

mashipx

I would imagine the radios are bluetooth or some other for of encrypted digital signal. Otherwise people would if been using freq scanners already

9. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    As an educated guess I'd say a secure FM system; probably some sort of PCM digitally encrypted set up. The FA/PigMOL won't take any chances of their in match comm's being compromised. I also wouldn't be surprised if the officials are also linked in to the security network to enable the emergency services to be in direct comm's with the ref in case of any issues (bomb scare/fire/medical emergency).

Could you imagine if the club got hold of recording of the match officials discussing something that they'd clearly got wrong that cost us the game, or worse a trophy?

10. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

I think you've answered your own question there........