Referees/Officials

Frank you're obviously not stupid so you're either taking the piss or on a wind up.

Third time of asking, name 1 dubious decision we've had go in our favour. I've named a dozen or more that have been bloody awful against us. Name 1 for us.

I'm not winding you up mate. There have been contentious decisions in our favour and a couple were highlighted in the referees thread last night. If I state them it will only result in people arguing with me about whether it was the correct decision or not and Im not here to argue for a rival.

Literally the only 'big' decision to go our way I can think of in recent times in Sterling's cross in the LC semi not being ruled as over the line even though it was clearly out.
Well if we go with what most City hating "neutrals" would point out rather than what we actually got lucky with:

They thought Sané was offside against Arsenal but no City fan would have been claiming robbery when you could still make a case he was onside in the super slowmo.

They also said Sané "handled" the ball at home vs Spurs but he didn't handle it or control the ball with it he was right ontop of Loris challenging for the ball as he should have been, Hugo messed up and hit the ball right at him, it was going to be a goal whether it hit his hand or his chest.

These were both "I've seen them given" decisions rather than massive "errors" by the officials that we have been subjected to, a different kettle of fish.

I'm not winding you up mate. There have been contentious decisions in our favour and a couple were highlighted in the referees thread last night. If I state them it will only result in people arguing with me about whether it was the correct decision or not and Im not here to argue for a rival.

There's been fuck all apart from Sane goal. Nothing else

that's the thing though. Your example in your own admission provokes debate. The vast majority of the ones we are denied are completely stonewall with no debate.

Well you've said we get decisions that go in our favour so the argument that we get shafted is diluted. I'm saying that the decisions that go against us happen that often and in games of such importance that your argument is bollocks. But I think you know that.

No, my argument is if we claim no decisions go in our favour then the argument is diluted, because it looks like the biased ramblings of a fan.

Us getting a lesser number of decisions in our favour does not dilute the argument poor decisions have gone against us this year. That is accurate in my opinion.

The penalty against Swansea away when we were on the rocks gets forgotten.
Remind me what happened again?

Like I said there's a big difference between a "seen them given" soft decision and a massive "error" that we've been subjected to against the top 6(it matters much more in these games for obvious reasons).

that's the thing though. Your example in your own admission provokes debate. The vast majority of the ones we are denied are completely stonewall with no debate.

I have not commentated on any decision, only responding to someone who states a contentious call has never gone in our favour. For me it just dilutes the argument and makes us look blinkered. The refereeing has been awful this year

I have not commentated on any decision, only responding to someone who states a contentious call has never gone in our favour. For me it just dilutes the argument and makes us look blinkered. The refereeing has been awful this year

Bold bit relevant to the point people are taking you up on. It has. It has been terrible. The issue is that we've been on the receiving end of the vast majority of the awful decisions. It's not blinkered to have that view. Presumably, too, you'd agree?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.