Referees/Officials

Upper management at the club should have gone public about the awful refereeing we've had. It can't be difficult to put a video together, and show it at a press conference to highlight the problem. The FA would have a moan, probably fine us, but every bad decision we get after would add more fuel to the fire. The club needs to grow a pair collectively, and start to put the pressure on publicly.

This. I don't know why they don't, as we have enough irrefutable evidence. It's not like the decisions are even debatable, we've had so many clear penalties denied, whether it's incompetence or cheating it needs sorting out because it's cost us about 6 to 8 points and a cup final so far this season.

We need the board to come out with videos of the push on Sterling v Spurs, sideshow bob kicking Kun, the pen and ball being called over the line yesterday, even Ferdinand agreed it was still in! No ref or FA official can refute these because the evidence is clear.

Whilst it can't reverse any of these decisions, it may at least help us get a few more pens until the end of the season even if it's just to pretend they're not biased/cheating/fucking useless.

And ffs, ANY slight incident in the opposition's area, if you're at the game fucking scream for a pen! Pressure the refs, constantly. Our players should be doing that too. Tired of being denied clear pens and just one player sits there arms out looking at the ref. Let's surround the cheating bastard and scream in his face!! Then again and again, he'll crack, and we'll finally get given a pen. We've been nice long enough and look where it's got us.

We need to start paying attention to the Linesmen as well as the the refs, it's sometimes these guys making the calls(or not when they should) and they seem to go unnoticed because nobody remembers their names.

Bold bit relevant to the point people are taking you up on. It has. It has been terrible. The issue is that we've been on the receiving end of the vast majority of the awful decisions. It's not blinkered to have that view. Presumably, too, you'd agree?

You are right Pingu the refereeing has been awful and as I was arguing in work today we have been on the bad end of many of those decisions.

People are arguing with me because they have not followed the thread accurately. The reference to being blinkered was in relation to inchy14 who claimed no controversial decision against the top sides has gone in our favour and that thinking dilutes the argument because it just looks ridiculously biased. . Matalartin has named a couple already.

Yeah your right Karen wasn't it five or six games back we got fined for failing to control our players when actually there was fuck all in it,(Liverpool game at home their pen)the following day or so the rags are surrounding and screaming in the refs face over whatever it was and nothing..
We got fined for failing to control our players when it seemed Silva politely asked the ref to go away. If it wasn't for the fact he followed it up by questioning him if he knew his father we would have been ok.

The Rag's do it every single f**king week, and in recent memory they have only been called to book once for it. It was only the week after they got done for it that it suddenly became open season on punishing teams for complaining.

We need to start paying attention to the Linesmen as well as the the refs, it's sometimes these guys making the calls(or not when they should) and they seem to go unnoticed because nobody remembers their names.
numerous wrong offside calls mostly against us ..........spurs at whl last season springs to mind as one incompetent lino

You are right Pingu the refereeing has been awful and as I was arguing in work today we have been on the bad end of many of those decisions.

People are arguing with me because they have not followed the thread accurately. The reference to being blinkered was in relation to inchy14 who claimed no controversial decision against the top sides has gone in our favour and that thinking dilutes the argument because it just looks ridiculously biased. . Matalartin has named a couple already.

when was the last time a unanimously wrong decision was given in our favour that provided us with the win, Everton League Cup last season excluded? No debate or controversy, just simply the wrong decision.

So name one dubious decision we've been awarded. Nothing about blinkered, I'm saying it's happening right before our eyes, how you can bury your head in the sand I don't know.

Equalising goal against arsenal at home. Well offside with arguments that silva was offside on our winner too that game. We've had a couple like that but nowhere near the amount that's gone against us

The consensus seems that video reviews would solve most of the issues so maybe the club could campaign for it to be introduced? Maybe our owners could offer to help fund the required infrastructure - that would remove one of the main reasons for it not being introduced.

Maybe a video compilation with incidents from games where officiating "mistakes" changed the outcomes could be widely distributed (on tv at half time in the FA Cup final would be good!) to put pressure on the FA/Premier League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.