Refugee crisis

As far as i'm aware if they get to Germany and the documentation is sorted they can go anywhere they want.
Germany might be the first port of call,so to speak.
It would explain why their seems to be a huge number of male adults,get docs sorted then send for the rest of family.

I'm not sure what documentation Germany are going to issue them with, but if it's official recognition as an German citizen, or something like that, then you'd suspect Britain will see a number of the refugees arriving here not too long after, as obviously EU citizens have freedom of movement throughout the EU.

Maybe I've missed something but are the refugees not welcome in Hungary? There seems to be a huge number trying to board trains to get them to Austria and Germany, is staying in Hungary not an option? Are they being forcibly removed from the country? The other day the Hungarian police were actively preventing refugees from boarding trains in order to leave the country, so it would seem unlikely Hungary is trying to thrown them all out.

I'm a bit confused about this myself, from what I gather its all to do with internal Hungarian politics and he is trying to look good to his electorate and grandstanding, but Hungary does not want or welcome them and wants rid asap, don't ask me why if that's the case they are not letting them on the trains I'm sure in Hungary it all makes sense

I'm not sure what documentation Germany are going to issue them with, but if it's official recognition as an German citizen, or something like that, then you'd suspect Britain will see a number of the refugees arriving here not too long after, as obviously EU citizens have freedom of movement throughout the EU.

Or maybe they'll just give them safe haven in reasonable accommodation with medical assistance and exit visas to those that wish to try to gain permanent asylum in another country.

Or maybe they'll just give them safe haven in reasonable accommodation with medical assistance and exit visas to those that wish to try to gain permanent asylum in another country.

Possibly, it's unclear at this point exactly what the German authorities intend on doing here. I suspect they wouldn't be looking to offer citizenship as most countries have a fairly lengthy process that has to be undertaken in order to achieve that.

Possibly, it's unclear at this point exactly what the German authorities intend on doing here. I suspect they wouldn't be looking to offer citizenship as most countries have a fairly lengthy process that has to be undertaken in order to achieve that.

Either way Britain will see plenty of them documented or not. 'Call me Dave' needs to get his finger out and stop being such a cowardly ****.

shame on you

Don't waste your shame on me. It means nothing.

I'm sure you'd don't care for my opinion of you so why do you think I'm worried about what you think of me?

I'm reasonably happy with how things are going.

Cameron might make a small concession but it won't be much.

In general this is all looking very bad for the EU, with a lot of disagreement and disunity between member states. It could be the beginning of the end of it in its current form with a bit of luck, and that'd please me.

you're missing his point, he said they were safe in turkey... i dont know if that story is true, however if so Turkey i believe isnt such a bad place to live.
They were in a refugee camp in Turkey but had been issued visas for Canada, as the mother's sister had satisfied the Canadian government's requirements.

However the Turks wouldn't issue them an exit visa or otherwise process the necessary paperwork. So they were trying to get to Greece in order that they could journey on to Canada. And as someone else said, the Turks could quite easily have forced them back into Syria and may have been planning to do so. I don't think I'd want to take that chance.

Similar things happened prior to WWII when Jews trying to flee Germany couldn't get out because the British government wouldn't issue visas unless the German authorities provided exit papers. But the Germans wouldn't provide exit papers unless the British provided visas. So despite having the necessary financial support guaranteed in England, hundreds of thousands were murdered because of wilful bureaucracy.

But it's alright because we took a few hundred kids as a humanitarian gesture, but only one per family. So the few families offered a lifeline had to make a Sophie's Choice decision about which child lived and which would have to face up to whatever fate awaited them (which was almost inevitably a gruesome death).

I'm sure you'd don't care for my opinion of you so why do you think I'm worried about what you think of me?

In general this is all looking very bad for the EU, with a lot of disagreement and disunity between member states. It could be the beginning of the end of it in its current form with a bit of luck, and that'd please me.

Yeah you're right Urmston. Who cares about avoidable deaths of innocents and suffering on an unimaginable scale if you get your little political victory eh?

see this is where we differ - you are taking delight in this tragedy as it looks bad for the EU - where as others are genuinely upset, sickened and just want these people to be safe and secure
- washed up dead kids on the beach, boats sinking, familys suffocating in backs of lorry's and your 'reasonably happy with how things are going' ?

i'll stop biting now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.