Refugee crisis

The solution should be to sort out the reason these people are leaving their countries of birth.

We have the United Nations, who appear to be sitting on their hands and doing nothing - now is the time for them to act.

The solution should be to sort out the reason these people are leaving their countries of birth.

We have the United Nations, who appear to be sitting on their hands and doing nothing - now is the time for them to act.
The reason they're leaving is that we tried to sort out those places (Iraq, Syria & Libya) before and look how that turned out.

And what exactly will the UK do? Pass a couple of resolutions? That'll frighten ISIS.

Hungary have said they can stay there but they don't want to stay there...some horrible scenes from that train.

"Germany's problem" says Hungary. Germany have made the refugees their main destination by offering to take so many.

I wonder what Germans think about that.

Did you not see the banners and flags at the football games in Germany at the weekend? I very much doubt we'd see the same at English football matches.

Hungary have said they can stay there but they don't want to stay there...some horrible scenes from that train.

"Germany's problem" says Hungary. Germany have made the refugees their main destination by offering to take so many.

Germany, Germany, Germany, Germany, was the 'refugees' chant in Budapest Yesterday, if Merkel puts the message out that they will take anyone then they cannot complain when half the World turns up on their doorstep, their will be a huge backlash in Germany soon despite what the media telling us that all is well there and people are welcoming them with open arms, it's bollox

Here's the account of how that poor boy came to be washed up on the beach:

The family of a three-year-old Syrian boy whose body was washed up on a beach in Turkey were making a final, desperate attempt to flee to relatives in Canada even though their asylum application had been rejected, according to reports.

Speaking to Canadian press on Wednesday night, the family said Abdullah Kurdi had phoned them to tell them his wife and sons were dead, and now only wanted to return to their Kurdish hometown of Kobani to bury his family. The town was bombarded by heavy fighting earlier this year between Islamic State and Kurdish fighters.

Their aunt Teema Kurdi, a hairdresser in Vancouver, heard the news from her brother Mohammad’s wife, Ghuson. “She had got a call from Abdullah, and all he said was, my wife and two boys are dead,” she told the National Post.

“I was trying to sponsor them, and I have my friends and my neighbours who helped me with the bank deposits, but we couldn’t get them out, and that is why they went in the boat.

“I was even paying rent for them in Turkey, but it is horrible the way they treat Syrians there.”

Kurdi, who emigrated to Canada more than two decades ago, said she had privately sponsored a refugee application for the family to come and join her in Canada, but the application had been rejected.

Her account was confirmed by her local MP, Fin Donnelly, who told the paper that he had personally delivered Kurdi’s application to the immigration minister, Chris Alexander.

The application made by Kurdi, if successful, allows refugees to move to Canada if they have the sponsorship of at least five Canadian citizens, on the condition those citizens provide financial and emotional support.

Only applicants who have been formally designated refugees can apply, and many Syrian Kurds have reported difficulties getting their applications processed in UNHCR camps in Turkey. Turkey will also not issue exit visas to refugees if they do not have official status.

The two young brothers and their mother were among at least 12 Syrians who died on the boat headed for Greece.

The boat was part of a flotilla of small dinghies, boarded by passengers at Akyarlar, the closest point to the Greek Aegean island of Kos.

It overturned in calm waters, overloaded by the 17 passengers. Bodies washed up on the shore in Ali Hoca Point beach in Bodrum. Another dinghy, also carrying a further 16 people, is also known to have capsized.

The Turkish coastguard said five children and a woman had died when the boat capsized, and another three people were still missing. Helicopters helped rescue another 15 people.

This week, the Turkish coastguard said it had rescued over 42,000 people in the Aegean Sea in the first five months of 2015 and 2,160 in the last week. More than 100 were pulled from the sea on Wednesday night alone, trying to reach Kos, the coastguard told AFP.

So they weren't trying to get to Greece as they saw the EU as the "land of milk of honey", as some pathetic tools on here have assumed. They were going to Greece because Syrians are treated like shit in Turkey and they needed to get to their relatives in Canada. Desperate people who took desperate measures, and some thick fucking idiots who get their world view from Bravo-Two-Zero were suggesting that they didn't deserve sympathy. Freeloaders you cried. Responsible for their own suffering you suggested. Cunts. You fucking self-centred heartless dumb-as-fuck idiot cunts. Sub-human manchild pieces of worthless shit. There are some right nasty, spiteful cunts on here. I fucking despise you and I'm finding it hard not to wish such deprivation and desperation and suffering on each and every one of you.

And then there are the imbeciles with an IQ of a coffee-cup who's reaction to this is "lets blow some more of [insert M.E country here] up". Yeah, cos that's been shown to work these past 13 years hasn't it? The reason IS has been able to flourish is because of the vacuum left over from our previous military misadventures. Go back to wanking off over your Jane's Military Weekly and Action Man figurines please, and leave foreign policy to grown-ups.

The father should be questioned by the police, according to some on here. Unbelievable.

Country votes in a right wing government and are then outraged by it's response to this atrocity.

Course we should help them, unfortunately the world stood by and let their countries be destroyed and become lawless, now we don't want to deal with the fallout? If we take people in the government needs to spend what it can on new homes ect. They will get their money back using contractors all their mates own anyway.

The UN and Russia need to have a pint together and agree to intervene in Syria and make it a safe prosperous country again.

And other nations like China,UAE and Saudi need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Country votes in a right wing government and are then outraged by it's response to this atrocity.

Course we should help them, unfortunately the world stood by and let their countries be destroyed and become lawless, now we don't want to deal with the fallout? If we take people in the government needs to spend what it can on new homes ect. They will get their money back using contractors all their mates own anyway.

The UN and Russia need to have a pint together and agree to intervene in Syria and make it a safe prosperous country again.

And other nations like China,UAE and Saudi need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Agree with this 100%, especially the last line.

Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain have taken 0 refugees. 0.

If I was a genuine refugee fleeing for my life I'd be overjoyed to reach a safe country like Hungary and wouldn't immediately demand to be allowed to go on to Germany.

These people are obviously economic migrants, not refugees, and should be booted out of the EU as soon as possible.

If we got rid of the economic migrants then perhaps people would be more inclined to help the much smaller number of genuine refugees, but as long as both groups are mixed up together then the refugees are not going to be treated too well.

Germany, Germany, Germany, Germany, was the 'refugees' chant in Budapest Yesterday, if Merkel puts the message out that they will take anyone then they cannot complain when half the World turns up on their doorstep, their will be a huge backlash in Germany soon despite what the media telling us that all is well there and people are welcoming them with open arms, it's bollox

You seem to have all the answers covered on this situation Blunderpants. Can I suggest you get on the next plane to Syria so you can share your foolproof and ever so well thought out solutions? You could be the "boots on the ground" that will sort it all out. You'll be a hero! Chris Ryan might even write a book about you one day!

I can't believe the answer to this quagmire is so simple. Who'd have thunk that the world's finest minds have been unable to produce a coherent plan, yet you have got it all worked out, even to the point of being able to apportion blame for the tragic death of that child on their desperate parents. And you can sit there straight-faced and feeling not an iota of shame. What a guy. What a hero. What a ****.

What do you think we should do? We cant just sit back and watch, so what are the options?
Im not being a dick or anything, genuinely interested to hear other opinions.
Cut off the head of ISIS and it w
The father should be questioned by the police, according to some on here. Unbelievable.
I take it you mean me, if I went out to sea in a flimsy dingy from the shores of Turkey and my little boy fell overboard and drowned my arse would not touch the Turkish cell floor until I hit the other wall and that's after they had bummed me senseless, what's the difference between me and a Syrian Father?
Will some of you get it through your skulls that they were setting off from TURKEY a free, safe, rich Country that had offered them ASYLUM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.