Relocation - which city would you move to or suggest?

Vancouver ticks a lot of boxes, the people i found to be polite and friendly, specially the drivers. Victoria is as English as you will find, as is the climate.
Perth/Freemantle would be perfect apart from property inflation, glorious weather, laid back residents, lots of new schools and hospitals
Good luck anyway.

My brother in law is coming back from the US, he's been there about 8 years and the place is starting to piss him off - a lot of the work he does (I.T.) has been outsourced to India. Employers are screwing their staff and scrimping on health insurance and salaries.

The grass isn't always greener, but it's a great adventure. Working and living abroad is something we should all do, given the opportunity.

I moved to Sydney from Perth as I was single at the time and Perth was dead as doorpost at night.
Sydney and Perth are a rip off property price wise,you get more bang for your buck in Brisbane and Melbourne though both have there drawbacks,gAyFL in Melbourne,it's omni present.Brisbane the rednecks are everywhere.
The Gold Coast is alright if you're retired there's not much work and it's a long commute to Brisbane.If I had to leave Australia,I know I could live back in the UK,but Mrs WB wouldn't last a winter.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Brisbane is boring, many better places to live in Australia

I wouldnt say the gold coast was boring :)

No but the city of Brisbane is. Just another city but with little culture, I know its Aus so culture is a bit thin on the ground but I found that a little meh. Compared to other places in Aus anyway. QLD as a whole is brilliant though
Will convince my missus that we are moving there

I liked Brisbane. Stayed up near the cricket ground. The parky beachy place was good as well.
In Oz i'd fancy the Blue Mountains outside Sydney or Byron Bay.

In England i'd go for Brighton/Hove. Brilliant for kids to grow up in as well.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
Am in the process of moving back to London from Amsterdam with wife n baby. Will miss Netherlands but at the same time I have had my fair share of issues whilst living here. Where to start from? Poor medical, multiple car break-ins, expensive city, high taxes, high rent, etc.

Question is where to move? I have Canada on the agenda but never been.

Where would you guys suggest?
Is there a part of Canada that you are interested in?
I'd say somewhere out west.

Saskatchewan is lovely and has a good economy- you'd probably need to get a drivers licence if you don't already have one though. There aren't any really big cities-plenty to do though.

Alberta also nice and around Calgary is a bit milder than the rest of the prairies.

BC-the lower mainland (around Vancouver) and Vancouver Island a bit more UK type weather.

BlueStu said:
Calgary, you get views of the Rockies and the Alberta economy is doing good at the minute due to oil and gas.
Ha! I was going to suggest Calgary too. (just don't cheer for the flames.)

Lived in BC Canada for over 8 years now and love the place. Surrounded by mountains/trees and lakes. Absolutely stunning.

But the money is in Alberta.

Got to love those oil sands and cheaper taxes.

leithblue said:
Come to Helsinki/Finland, perfect place to raise a family. Low crime, free education that's the best in the world, everything works properly and nowhere near as pricey as the rest of the Nordics.

Santa lives here, what more of a reference do you need?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwT3wtUCv9Y[/youtube]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If you can afford to live in these cities, you won't go far wrong.

NYC, Stockholm and Geneva.

Never been it NY or Geneva but I vouch for Stockholm. Such a nice and clean place. Extremely expensive though. I went to a bar called Golden Hits and they charged 75 kr a pint which is 6.70 or thereabouts at time. I pulled and bought a lady some Archers and Lemonade and that cost over 140kr. Mental!

I do like the way their buses and vending machines work though. Text through to number, get a code and enter in machine or show bus driver. Very efficient!

Off to the system bolaget, can't be doing 3.5% Heinekens!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.