Respect for other City fans.

brianstrousers said:
johnny crossan said:
booth.jpg

could have been a little harsh there
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwhuk7PRFVc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwhuk7PRFVc</a>
not harsh in the slightest,lyin bastard

he would have got away with it with me - well done!

glen quagmire said:
I know it's a bit weird, but i'll always let on to another blue! On a fri morning i have a planning meeting in town, and i've been known to give random blues a lift into town, if i see them at a bus stop and it's raining. I'm normally recognisable as a blue as i make it my point to wear at least something city every day. Even if it's just a hat in the cold or under my Orange high vis wear.

I was waiting for a Bus to the Ground once and a Taxi Driver pulled up to offer me a lift there. He said he was driving up that way and knocking off early so he could go to the Match. I've never forgotten it.

I really love these type of Blue stories! Every holiday I've ever had I've worn my Blue shirt. I remember dancing in the monsoon in the Dom Rep after watching a City win a couple of years ago! Didn't give a flying fook!

I also cannot help but smile at anyone wearing a Blue top, even if I'm not wearing my own. Must make me look a bit odd!!

I remember being in Withy village and it was raining and saw this auld fella carrying a MCFC umbrella. I stopped him and commented on it and it turned out that our own Mike Summerbee had given it him after seeing him come out of the ground on a rainy day without a brolly. He'd insisted he take it and the guy had carried it with pride ever since.

Top story, that.

I also want to say that City, before the ADUG thing, was a place where the club chose you. It was very rare for you to choose the club, if you get what I mean?

We Blues are a unique bunch!!

Bigga said:
I really love these type of Blue stories! Every holiday I've ever had I've worn my Blue shirt. I remember dancing in the monsoon in the Dom Rep after watching a City win a couple of years ago! Didn't give a flying fook!

I also cannot help but smile at anyone wearing a Blue top, even if I'm not wearing my own. Must make me look a bit odd!!

I remember being in Withy village and it was raining and saw this auld fella carrying a MCFC umbrella. I stopped him and commented on it and it turned out that our own Mike Summerbee had given it him after seeing him come out of the ground on a rainy day without a brolly. He'd insisted he take it and the guy had carried it with pride ever since.

Top story, that.

I also want to say that City, before the ADUG thing, was a place where the club chose you. It was very rare for you to choose the club, if you get what I mean?

We Blues are a unique bunch!!

Bigga, that sums it up perfectly with me! I moved to manchester as a 10 year old from glasgow, my first house was on the alex park estate, my cousins are ST holders at the swamp, they took me once it didn't feel right, a few months later one of my new friends dad, took us the short walk down the parkway and through the passages and wow, the front of the main stand just hit you in the face! Some mental geezer was going on about jesus and the smell of hot dogs and fried onions was heavy in the air. As soon as i went through the turnstile and up the steps into the kippax, i got a fuzzy feeling, i can only relate to as being at 'home'.(it was a 3-0 loss to oxford if i'm right) I tell every one who asks "why did you choose city" i didn't i'm just happy it chose me.

Number of years ago, got sacked from a shitty sales job, and had to take a door to door job. first day, got taken out round warrington with some utter prick who thought he was a mobile gordon gecko. managed to blag em that i was well into the job so got a decent sub out of em. second day on my own, knocked on my 3 door, guy burst out laughing at me, 'you really don't look like yer enjoying this lad'. got chatting, turned out he was a massive blue and was made up cos they're all scousers or rags in wollyback world. got invited in for a brew and was still there at 5 when his missus came back. ended up getting dinner cooked for me and left around 8. left the job for a better one the next day but will never forget those 2. sound as anything, and as soon as city got mentioned, i might as well have been one of the family. brilliant

Good thread, keep them coming lads. Just a quick "pick me up" to the couple of City fans not from Manchester. I think the only criteria for acceptance is that once you support a team then that's your team for life. It's where your heart is that counts not your arse!

i wish 'real mancs' would show more respect for fans who dont come from manchester, yes we was there when we was shite. essex blue.

A guy working on the hot dog stand let on to me in america because i was wearing a city shirt, and he knew everything about the club and he heard all the transfer rumours to, he was hoping to make it over for a game with his family, shows how big we are getting now :)

On my 3rd attempt at passing my driving test (18 yrs ago), noticed when we got back to the test centre that the examiner had a city tattoo on his forearm, so i struck up a conversation and it turned out he was a ST holder in the kippax, i was sharing a ST in the kippax at the time so we had a good chat....following that he lost all his formality and just said you've passed....i 'm pretty sure i had anyway but i knew for sure when i saw that tattoo..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.