Restaurants With Menus and Ordering by QR Code

RadcliffeRick

Team supported
Manchester City since 2008 Chelsea before that :-)
This week I have had the unfortunate experience of going to two restaurants that use the QR code menu/ordering. Whilst I fully understand why, in a tourist location where English is not many peoples first language it is helpful. But what an impersonal way of treating your guests, or should I say punters.
The wait staff now no longer converse with you, you have to download a QR code reader then scan the code and join their membership (awaits a flood or emails about food promotions).
With not having my glasses it was difficult to see exactly what was on the menu and what I ordered. Eventually something arrived at the table, fortunately very close to what we ordered.
What a soulless experience, no one welcomes you, no one asks what they can get for you, no one is available to discuss your food and to request changes to the food on the plate (change of potatoes to salad for example) if it is not on the e-menu you cannot have it.
As for tipping the wait staff? What for? Did you talk to me? Did you ask what you can get for me? You didn't even acknowledge me. Forget the tip!!

Some places don’t even have people bringing you the food now. It comes out on a little remote controlled truck and then comes back when you’ve finished and asks you to pile your empties on it.

This week I have had the unfortunate experience of going to two restaurants that use the QR code menu/ordering. Whilst I fully understand why, in a tourist location where English is not many peoples first language it is helpful. But what an impersonal way of treating your guests, or should I say punters.
The wait staff now no longer converse with you, you have to download a QR code reader then scan the code and join their membership (awaits a flood or emails about food promotions).
With not having my glasses it was difficult to see exactly what was on the menu and what I ordered. Eventually something arrived at the table, fortunately very close to what we ordered.
What a soulless experience, no one welcomes you, no one asks what they can get for you, no one is available to discuss your food and to request changes to the food on the plate (change of potatoes to salad for example) if it is not on the e-menu you cannot have it.
As for tipping the wait staff? What for? Did you talk to me? Did you ask what you can get for me? You didn't even acknowledge me. Forget the tip!!
As a soon to be FOC (19 days from hitting 60) what the fuck is a QR Code?

Some places don’t even have people bringing you the food now. It comes out on a little remote controlled truck and then comes back when you’ve finished and asks you to pile your empties on it.
My mate ordered a pint in an airport online and it was brought by a little robot

It’s called do it yourself dining but at the same money.

Did Pizza Hut with the kids, spent 15 mins trying to download some app, connect to Wi-Fi and then order with the fucking girl(not her fault) apologising and trying to help me order online. I gave up, she gave up and the manager came over and told her to take my order old style.

No thanks, we left, utterly fucking ridiculous.

A money saving excursive that puts people out of jobs. Just like self serve at a supermarket.
Is the food cheaper because youre doing some of the work yourself? Is it fuck.

Dont join in with this capitalist scam!

Always join an aisle where a checkout person is.
Dont got to restaurants where they have binned off waiters.

Keep people in jobs rather than making the big corps more money.

A money saving excursive that puts people out of jobs. Just like self serve at a supermarket.
Is the food cheaper because youre doing some of the work yourself? Is it fuck.

Dont join in with this capitalist scam!

Always join an aisle where a checkout person is.
Dont got to restaurants where they have binned off waiters.

Keep people in jobs rather than making the big corps more money.

I agree in principle but I’m a big fan of self check outs.

I don’t like the inevitable idle conversation with the checkout staff and inevitable feeling that my shopping basket full of crisps is being judged, haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.