Richards at CB.....

Steviesleftpeg

I'm gonna put this one out there (And possibly get ripped to Shreads for it)......But perhaps it would be nice for Hughes to Try pairing Ned and Micah at the heart of our defence.....Because when they used to be together in the Youth Team and Reserves those two were immense together.......

Thoughts?

I think Richards has been written off at CB way too early. He's had his best games in a City shirt playing that position.

He's obvisously not been on top of his game this season, and was moved to RB to take a bit of pressure off him.
Having said that, considering the way he has been playing, i wouldnt want him at the heart of the defence anytime soon.

Once he has built his confidence back up playing at RB, then maybe we could look to switch him back into the middle

When Richards first played right-back for us, he was always banging on about wanting to be a centre back. He was then given the chance and then ended up banging on about wanting to play at right-back. He's been given that chance and made a right balls up of it.

In short, I don't think even he knows what his bet position is. He's kind of caught in between the two.

Steviesleftpeg said:
I'm gonna put this one out there (And possibly get ripped to Shreads for it)......But perhaps it would be nice for Hughes to Try pairing Ned and Micah at the heart of our defence.....Because when they used to be together in the Youth Team and Reserves those two were immense together.......

Thoughts?

Based on last year's showing, I thought myself, that this would be the future of City's defence. Ned's reading and speed and Micah's aggression and speed, seemed logical.

But, Micah has fell behind and it won't happen this year, barring shocking injuries!

Dubai Blue said:
When Richards first played right-back for us, he was always banging on about wanting to be a centre back. He was then given the chance and then ended up banging on about wanting to play at right-back. He's been given that chance and made a right balls up of it.

In short, I don't think even he knows what his bet position is. He's kind of caught in between the two.

I think his future at City is as a useful squad player that can cover a number of defensive positions. He just isn't a good enough football player to be a starter for any team with top 4 ambitions.

I'd play him in the centre against the rags and switch Ned to right back.

In the derby at the swamp last season Ned didn't let tranny into the game at all and I think he'd do the same again, but this time tranny and shrek would be in his pocket as both are playing in wide positions.

NQT said:
I'd play him in the centre against the rags and switch Ned to right back.

In the derby at the swamp last season Ned didn't let tranny into the game at all and I think he'd do the same again, but this time tranny and shrek would be in his pocket as both are playing in wide positions.

On that basis, then, it's more logical to put Kompany back in defence alongside Dunne, and have SWP/ Elano partner De Jong in DM position, allowing Elano/ SWP the right hand berth to create movement and attack.

It would be a small mid, but not lacking in fluidity and play break up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.