Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was among the most promising young players in the Premiership at one point. Has the potential to go on Yaya'esque runs when he can put a few games together. Hope his injuries clear up and he can become the player we knew he was going to be. Unfortunately it looks like his time at City has run out, as it was imperative we got some reliable cover for Zaba this year. City stood buy Micah and have treated him well, no doubt he will get a good send off from the club and staff. Likewise I'm sure City will always be in Micah's heart, wherever he ends up.

i really hope he can stay and playing back his old position, e.g Centre Back. hope Pellers can revive Richards career back on track, like what he did with Kolarov, Nasri, Demichelis & Hart. with Richards physical stature and still an explosive runner (but quite lazy as for side Back), he would an enormous in CB position.

no harm to have 4 CB pairs in the same squad, since several of them can play multiple position. plus, Demichelis reaching last year of his contract.

Kompany & Mangala, Demichelis & Nastasic, Richards & Rekik, Boyata & Denayer

capiloton said:
i really hope he can stay and playing back his old position, e.g Centre Back. hope Pellers can revive Richards career back on track, like what he did with Kolarov, Nasri, Demichelis & Hart. no harm to have 3 CB pairs in the same squad, since several of them can play multiple position.

Kompany & Mangala, Demichelis & Nastasic, Richards & Rekik
If he was on lower wages then maybe he could stay as 3rd RB or as emergency CB but £80k per week (reportedly) is way too much for that bearing in mind FFP. We have Boyata for that on much smaller wages.

Gabriel said:
its a Barm said:
I know Micah reeds this forum and i can tell you Micah most of us appreciate your contibution to our club over the last 10 years and if you do move on then all the very best to you, some fans have become very fickle almost rag like.

A tad too far, but I agree with the rest. Micah has been desperately unfortunate and should receive all our best wishes.

Agreed, always seems like a top and very popular lad, just him laughing makes people laugh, bet he's a great lad to have around.

A while back I got dogs abuse for saying Richards was off to arsenal. I know longer have the contact with the person who told me the information but let's just say he was Spanish heavily involved in transfers at man city. We were talking 8 to 10 million at that stage and the afore mentioned was negotiating until the last minute of the transfer window.

I can now see him going for 3 million and I can see Richards only playing 100 more games as a professional footballer. Just my opinion.

^^^you're right useless doesn't begin to describe him. Useless shouldn't be even mentioned when you're talking about him. Admittedly he hasn't made the expected progression but to call him useless shows a lack of knowledge of football or just general ignorance.

Arsenal looking for another right-back after Debuchy and are close to splashing out £10m on Callum Chambers from the Saints.

There is no demand for Richards at all. Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham have all said no... will a team like Hull take a gamble on him on those wages.

Or will he be willing to take a pay cut for the sake of his career or will he demand a loan for the last year of his contract, depriving the club that has made him a millionaire of a transfer fee (and Oldham of a sell-on fee if that is still valid)?

Some of the posts in this thread are disgusting. He's a player who has always given 100% and given the majority of his life to this club and there's a total lack of respect from some of you.

I wish him the very best wherever he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.