Ridiculous things from City's history

Not sure if it actually happened but during Joe Corrigans formative years with City I seem to remember he received match live tuition from behind his goal via the late great Bert.
...and not a few fans!

His nickname was "Muttonhead," which is not particularly complimentary!

Joey Barton leaving his shirt on the bench at half time which went missing which in turn cost him his debut against Middlesborough. The Benjani transfer saga and the Steve Howey clearance against Charlton (sorry if any of them have been mentioned).
Was that the one that where he hoofed it against a Charlton player about 35 yards from goal and it looped over our keeper and into the net? 2000-01 relegation season and we lost 1-4? I think the Maine Road announcer (Cheesey?) made some witty comment at the time and got bollocked for it.
How the hell do I remember that?

Was that the one that where he hoofed it against a Charlton player about 35 yards from goal and it looped over our keeper and into the net? 2000-01 relegation season and we lost 1-4? I think the Maine Road announcer (Cheesey?) made some witty comment at the time and got bollocked for it.
How the hell do I remember that?

Yep that is the one, it cannoned of Claus Jensen ( I couldn't remember Cheesy's comments though). The team looked like they had heavy drinking session the night before. I might be wrong on this but I think that was Darren Huckerby's debut.

Last edited:
Garry Cook and his emails.

That chap in 2008 who said we could now buy anything we wanted including the other Ronaldo
Balotelli - take your pick - my own favourites - setting fire to his bathroom and being sent out by his mam to buy an ironing board and returning with 20 grands worth of gear in an Argos truck - but no ironing board

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but if it hasn't been, the time at Derby in the 1970s Joe Corrigan got booked for telling the referee the penalty spot was in the wrong place and a guy in a suit came on to paint it back onto the pitch surely deserves its place in this thread.

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but if it hasn't been, the time at Derby in the 1970s Joe Corrigan got booked for telling the referee the penalty spot was in the wrong place and a guy in a suit came on to paint it back onto the pitch surely deserves its place in this thread.
And he painted it where Joe walked and stopped.

Yep that is the one, it cannoned of Claus Jensen ( I couldn't remember Cheesy's comments though). The team looked like they had heavy drinking session the night before. I might be wrong on this but I think that was Darren Huckerby's debut.
All correct apart from that it was Dunne's clearance rather than Howey's.

Our goal was a late consolation penalty from Huckerby.

I really couldn't stand Charlton and Ipswich in those days.

All correct apart from that it was Dunne's clearance rather than Howey's.

Our goal was a late consolation penalty from Huckerby.

I really couldn't stand Charlton and Ipswich in those days.

Thanks for clearing that up WB. I was struggling to remember if it was either Dunne or Howey with the clearance.

Motty says it was where ref put the ball down, clip is edited, I think joe paced out about 2ft longer.

I'd like to see the foul analysed in this day and age and the media/ social media reaction.

Threw the league away with that game, if Colin had been fit all season we'd have another title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.