RIP Alan Smith

got to know " smithy " from bumping into pubs wherever city were playing, usually some obscure boozer down a sidestreet, here and in Europe, always recognised me and shouted over to join his group which I did and had many a laugh a beer with him.
RIP SMITHY you were one of the best.

I first met Alan many years ago, probably around the late 70's with his pal from those days Grimmy. We used to meet up occasionally prior to games against Blackburn away. In fact on one occasion I think we may have even been in a pub over the road from a church where one of his family members may have been getting married at the time before one such game? Although time/age may have clouded that one? Used to see him at all the away games but then our paths didn't seem to cross that much for a long time. Until one night I was outside the Kiev stadium persuading the Ukraine's "finest" security force to let me have a look around the night before the game when who should I bump into? Only a brief "reunion" of sorts as I did get in the ground but still, something I remember well. Since then we have run into each other a few times and as many have said it was always greeted with a smile ( ok a drunk smile) but hey, lets not split hairs!

A sad time indeed for those that knew him especially his Family and those that knew him far better than I did. Sympathy's to all those close to him.... R.I.P mate,

we have lost a few good blues over the past few months , with stress depression and allsorts off illnesses ,it is hard to no what is wrong with some off them has they might be 2 embarrassed 2 ask for help .some have to much pride to ask for help and that is sad , we all need help at some time so pls don't be afraid 2 ask for it , I no its not a easy think to do form first hand experience , some time the signs are there , SO GOD REST MY GOOD MATE SMITHY

Alans funeral will be at Saint Thomas's church Golborne the church he got married in, date and time to be confirmed

Will you post details on here when you know. (unless family want a private funeral) I'm sure a few of us will want to pay our respects.

Will you post details on here when you know. (unless family want a private funeral) I'm sure a few of us will want to pay our respects.
I will, the family are waiting on the coroner, it's never straight forward in these tragic cases

Smithy"s funeral is at 11am on Monday 8th June at St Thomas' Church, Golborne where he got married 2 years ago to the day. The cortège will set off from the clock on Church Street Golborne

Thanks for that Warspite, let's give Alan a good send off.
Yep, there are people coming from all over the Country from Alan's England days, West Ham lads who we have known for years coming up, very popular bloke was Alan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.