Rishi Sunak

Sunak was offered a lifeline yesterday at PMQs when asked would he apologise. He could have ended it there and then.
Sadly, he chose not to and by getting his lackies to try and defend him on the TV/radio circuits this morning, he has dug an even deeper hole.

I hope the parents of Brianna tell him they have no desire to come to no 10 and discuss in private with him as they can see him for what he is

And all of that is awful, I'm not disputing that. Many years ago I watched the Quentin Crisp film starring John Hurt; I was only a young teen and thought how he had been treated was dreadful. So I've been well aware for decades of how vulnerable people can be in that situation.

The only answer that makes sense is for communal changing rooms that are OK with it, whilst still having same sex facilities for others.
Whether that is logistically possible (space, cost etc) is another issue.
Thanks for coming back to me on this, Mackenzie. I understand this is something you care about - we've both posted a lot about it over the years, just maybe without interacting much. Apologies if I'm coming across a bit hostile, it's a tough subject and one I've probably gotten a bit too close to over the years.

With that being said, one potential idea I've always wondered about is something similar to the format they had for my first high school's toilets about 20 years ago. It was sort of unisex but it worked really well and I've always wondered why more people haven't entertained it. Although, having said that, the Tim Horton's café in Stockport that opened just after the pandemic has gone for the same idea. Whenever I see people worrying about unisex toilets I always remember how it was at my school and how it is at Tim Horton's.

I'll explain.

My original high school (which got shut down in 2007 and turned into a new one in 2008) had unisex toilets. Only, they weren't exactly unisex toilets. It was a unisex communal toilet area, but each of the cubicles had proper brick walls between them, the doors were four inches thick, had big locks, and they stretched from the ceiling to the floor. Every cubicle had a toilet, a hook on the door for bags and clothes, plus a bin for sanitary towels/pads. Once that door shut, you were in your own space and basically in a separate room. And in Tim Hortons in Stockport (unsure if you've been) it's even better - you stand in the queue communally but once you go into the cubicle (again behind a big thick door that goes from floor to ceiling) you've got a toilet, two bins, a sink, and it's big enough to fit a wheelchair. It's a proper space that's all yours.

Because I could quote statistics at you all day about transgender women being victims of hate crimes and stuff. But it doesn't fully get to the heart of the issue, which is that, yes, we do have a serious problem with males in society committing sex crimes and putting women in danger in places where they should feel secure. But there's also a serious lack of proper infrastructure and facilities that enable people to have proper privacy and safety in public spaces. I'm a male who identifies as a man but I hate going into men's public toilets (I've never gone into a women's toilet). Over the years, on and off, I've had trouble with gastrointestinal disorders and public toilets were things I had to rely on a lot during my 20s. And, yeah, I'll be honest, at one stage I bought a radar key off the internet because sometimes the only loos that feel "safe" are the disabled ones.

I don't understand it from a woman's perspective and never could, but I do understand it from a chronic illness perspective - trying to find a private, safe space in vulnerable public situations is almost impossible. I don't think transgender women are something to be afraid of in the first place - and you surely know as well as I do that the type of men who want to sexually assault women in toilets and changing rooms don't need to put a dress on to do it, they just bloody well do it anyway because that's the kind of monsters they are. But I think there'd be less concern full stop if toilet and changing facilities were more robust, better maintained, and designed with actual privacy in mind as opposed to just modesty. It would cost far less and take significantly less time to improve the facilities we have instead of creating a whole third toilet for trans people to use (or, as Wes Streeting seems to think, building entirely new hospital wards for a group of people that make up 0.5% of the population).

Thanks for coming back to me on this, Mackenzie. I understand this is something you care about - we've both posted a lot about it over the years, just maybe without interacting much. Apologies if I'm coming across a bit hostile, it's a tough subject and one I've probably gotten a bit too close to over the years.

With that being said, one potential idea I've always wondered about is something similar to the format they had for my first high school's toilets about 20 years ago. It was sort of unisex but it worked really well and I've always wondered why more people haven't entertained it. Although, having said that, the Tim Horton's café in Stockport that opened just after the pandemic has gone for the same idea. Whenever I see people worrying about unisex toilets I always remember how it was at my school and how it is at Tim Horton's.

I'll explain.

My original high school (which got shut down in 2007 and turned into a new one in 2008) had unisex toilets. Only, they weren't exactly unisex toilets. It was a unisex communal toilet area, but each of the cubicles had proper brick walls between them, the doors were four inches thick, had big locks, and they stretched from the ceiling to the floor. Every cubicle had a toilet, a hook on the door for bags and clothes, plus a bin for sanitary towels/pads. Once that door shut, you were in your own space and basically in a separate room. And in Tim Hortons in Stockport (unsure if you've been) it's even better - you stand in the queue communally but once you go into the cubicle (again behind a big thick door that goes from floor to ceiling) you've got a toilet, two bins, a sink, and it's big enough to fit a wheelchair. It's a proper space that's all yours.

Because I could quote statistics at you all day about transgender women being victims of hate crimes and stuff. But it doesn't fully get to the heart of the issue, which is that, yes, we do have a serious problem with males in society committing sex crimes and putting women in danger in places where they should feel secure. But there's also a serious lack of proper infrastructure and facilities that enable people to have proper privacy and safety in public spaces. I'm a male who identifies as a man but I hate going into men's public toilets (I've never gone into a women's toilet). Over the years, on and off, I've had trouble with gastrointestinal disorders and public toilets were things I had to rely on a lot during my 20s. And, yeah, I'll be honest, at one stage I bought a radar key off the internet because sometimes the only loos that feel "safe" are the disabled ones.

I don't understand it from a woman's perspective and never could, but I do understand it from a chronic illness perspective - trying to find a private, safe space in vulnerable public situations is almost impossible. I don't think transgender women are something to be afraid of in the first place - and you surely know as well as I do that the type of men who want to sexually assault women in toilets and changing rooms don't need to put a dress on to do it, they just bloody well do it anyway because that's the kind of monsters they are. But I think there'd be less concern full stop if toilet and changing facilities were more robust, better maintained, and designed with actual privacy in mind as opposed to just modesty. It would cost far less and take significantly less time to improve the facilities we have instead of creating a whole third toilet for trans people to use (or, as Wes Streeting seems to think, building entirely new hospital wards for a group of people that make up 0.5% of the population).
Maybe some of the answers required are indeed there, as you've mentioned.
However, I'm mindful that we are derailing the thread (as pointed out earlier).
I think we both want the same things in the end, that vulnerable people are indeed protected. Yet I'm mindful that both women and children are some of the most vulnerable in society.

Ha Ha, Mad Nads getting cross about Sunak claiming to be speaking to Bozo regularly... wonder if he is not returning her calls?

They are quite pathetic. We never hear anything about how they are going to sort anything out, just internal squabbles, new factions and splits and culture wars and gaslighting. All to distract us while they carry on robbing everything they can

Maybe some of the answers required are indeed there, as you've mentioned.
However, I'm mindful that we are derailing the thread (as pointed out earlier).
I think we both want the same things in the end, that vulnerable people are indeed protected. Yet I'm mindful that both women and children are some of the most vulnerable in society.
until we have a system in place, where the law-makers make ethical decisions/provisions entirely devoid of "political influence", so deeply embedded in fptp from top to bottom, then very little will change. Fear of losing "clicks/circulation" drives decisions, not humanitarian reasons. Like mental and physically vulnerable people who are just collateral, ignored until it suits, the will to improve their lives is just not there. The major religions have the same philosophy, "Dont make waves in case we lose followers." That a population of 70m has just ONE centre (inevitably in London) for care and support says everything about how far behind our neighbours we are, in many other ways as well. FFS....

Ha Ha, Mad Nads getting cross about Sunak claiming to be speaking to Bozo regularly... wonder if he is not returning her calls?

They are quite pathetic. We never hear anything about how they are going to sort anything out, just internal squabbles, new factions and splits and culture wars and gaslighting. All to distract us while they carry on robbing everything they can
He must keep ignoring the nudes she sends to him.

Sunak could have squashed this row yesterday by not stooping so low in a bid to get at starmer , being trans is nothing to do with politics , the media were obsessed with the trick q of what defines a woman . Brinanna's dad is furious with him
It's another cultural war strategy which thankfully by his own fuck up has damaged that decisive electoral tactic.

It's another cultural war strategy which thankfully by his own fuck up has damaged that decisive electoral tactic.
He has put out a statement starting with labour have no plan which he was highlighting , this no plan line is really getting on my nerves , even today he cant deviate from the script to say sorry for yesterday, scummy ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.