Rival Fans

Was at a family do Saturday, was the only City fan amongst rags, plastic dippers and arsey fans.

Had a good analytical discussion with gooners, who still couldn't resist saying we'd not played well! Bigged us up before game, for a fall. Rags more sheepish than the population of the valleys but conceded we were the best team in the world. Dippers likewise.

During the game the reactions of the arse fans, inter fucking ultras. Not very amusingly for my blood pressure, every attack by inter my wife was swearing her head off for us to clear it, they all loved her reactions! Final whistle the goons went for a kick about in the garden, everyone else was made up for us. Only the older ones watched the trophy lift with us, dip said this is probably the best team of all time.

Anyway before everyone went home, the others shook my hand and said well done through gritted teeth.

Think to the list of clubs whose supporters we've broken, it's an exclusive red shirt affair. Couldn't believe how bitter those goons were, southern twats!

Work with several Italian Americans, Juve, Napoli, Lazio all very congratulatory, even the one Inter fan was very magnanimous in defeat.
Funny you say that- we had a group of 5 inter lads staying in our hotel and we bumped into them in the lobby straight after the game- all with big smiles on their faces and they came straight over to shake our hands and congratulate us. My experience of all inter fans in Istanbul was only positive- seemed like a great bunch who were genuinely excited to be there and have a good time.

Had congrats from a couple of West Ham fans plus, Palace, Forest, Arsenal and dipper fan (reluctantly but fair do's). Then another Arsenal fan and a Villa fan bitter as fuck. Was on a watsapp group and the Ipswich and West Ham fans went in on him. He was dishing it out to West Ham earlier in the season about going down but they just bantered about winning the Europa Conference League and then they went and did it.

Message from the hammer was "City and West Ham the best teams in the world"! No arguments from me, although I said we're maybe slightly better than them.

Not been sober enough since Saturday to manage anything but broken biscuits when anyone has attempted to wish me well!! Haha! Just having a couple of days with the missus at a nice spa hotel to get my head straight and then back to graft tomorrow where I intend to let the many many expats who support a wide range of shithouse teams just how happy I am. :-)

Work with several Italian Americans, Juve, Napoli, Lazio all very congratulatory, even the one Inter fan was very magnanimous in defeat.
I think the nature of the game and loss makes it easier for them to be magnanimous. Nothing dodgy, they played well, almost sent it to extra time, just got did in by a combination of steadfast quality and luck leaving them in the end (and Lukaku still playing for them, of course).

That, and Inter fans seem to be generally rational folk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.