Rival supporters enjoying our football

Being a tremendous fan of Guardiola, I enjoy his football so it always brings a smile to see the sort of play that inspires. Just so that there is some perspective, City can still play a lot better - I think there is another couple of levels to this side that you have yet to see...but it will come
This is an interesting concept, for example have we been in a position this season where we've had to raise our game? I can't think we have, maybe possibly with the exception of Everton. The headrest we've come is Stoke having the audacity to score two.... a bit like prodding a fully matured lion with a twig?it certainly got a response...
The

When we're scoring this many goals with a front 3 that has an average age of 21... imagine in a few years!!

The level that will be reached won't be a question of number of goals but the quality of them and, most importantly, the absolute domination of play leaving the opposition clutching at straws. We've seen glimpses of it in matches, even last season but it will eventually coalesce into something quite special

The Stoke match day thread is quite amusing. As the 2nd goal goes in.
b59ed100bf17cf2f2f2fd727d3610106.jpg

To be honest then Saturday's result wasn't too bad for them. Up until B.Silva's goal they could of counted the goals on one hand.

The level that will be reached won't be a question of number of goals but the quality of them and, most importantly, the absolute domination of play leaving the opposition clutching at straws. We've seen glimpses of it in matches, even last season but it will eventually coalesce into something quite special

I agree there are higher levels to come, significantly higher. I was thinking that, watching a recording of the game. There are actually a lot of improvements we could make, even to a performance like that, which imo is the best thing about it, because we can, & most likely will, actually make those improvements. There is a desire to do exactly that.

An example was Pep's face when Stoke scored & also Delph's reaction, as if it was a last minute loser. He was so pissed off with himself.

From an attacking perspective, it is hard to imagine KDB can get so much better than he is now, but Jesus, Sane, Sterling are nowhere near the limit of their capabilities. Absolutely nowhere near. Forgetting Pep's team for a second, those 3 are just learning their own games at the moment, under his wing. They have years of improvement to come, literally, years.

Then add in, the potential team improvement, which Pep will strive for. It really is hard to imagine how good it could be.

The key of course, is that Pep sees it through, which means he has to sign a new deal. There is more than one season of improvement left in this squad & still potential for other signings in the future.

Hopefully he wants to push that as far as he can before moving on.

I'm still yet to properly see the kind of domination I saw from Peps Barca at its best. I mean that kind of goes without saying, seeing as we haven't won every domestic trophy under Pep yet, but when I saw Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Busquets and co at in their pomp it looked as if they barely even ran more than 10/15 yards at a time. Everyone perfectly placed, passes played at lightning speed, and every player could receive the ball whilst looking over both shoulders simultaneously. You could see it in the opposition so often too, that dawning realisation that no matter what they do, in a second, or 10, one of those sharp passes would suddenly break the line and Messi/Pedro/Villa would be through on goal. So many pure damage control matches. We still look pretty sloppy by comparison IMO, but when we start reaching those levels there will be no question whether or not Peps football works in the Premier League.

There is a long way to go. Teams are experimenting with tactics to stop as an hurt us (like last season). When one works let's see how we respond before getting too giddy (and I was after Saturday).
Tonight will be our toughest test of the season so far.

I'm still yet to properly see the kind of domination I saw from Peps Barca at its best. I mean that kind of goes without saying, seeing as we haven't won every domestic trophy under Pep yet, but when I saw Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/Busquets and co at in their pomp it looked as if they barely even ran more than 10/15 yards at a time. Everyone perfectly placed, passes played at lightning speed, and every player could receive the ball whilst looking over both shoulders simultaneously. .

I still remember chatting to a mate about that Barca team and I said that they passed the ball to players who were marked. This drew the opposition even closer before they released the ball to break the defence. It was football teasing at it's best

There is a long way to go. Teams are experimenting with tactics to stop as an hurt us (like last season). When one works let's see how we respond before getting too giddy (and I was after Saturday).
Tonight will be our toughest test of the season so far.

Bournemouth very nearly stopped us and Howe said in his post match that their tactic was to frustrate us and break up play by making the game bitty and stop start.
Expect us to be fouled all over the park when we visit the swamp

The great thing about the goals is they're coming from all players. Everyone is getting on the scoresheet. We're not reliant on one player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.