Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I said most of this about 70 pages back but apparently about 40% of the forum still don’t get it.

We have no fucking backup wingers
Bernado is not a fucking winger
Diaz is 18 and not a fucking winger
Foden is 17 and not a fucking winger
We have TWO fucking senior players for our attacking THREE fucking positions
Mahrez is the best available fucking winger in the Premier League
Some similar level fucking wingers are older and/or unavailable
Other similar fucking wingers are younger and/or inexperienced
Mahrez has won the fucking Premier League with fucking Leicester and got the fucking POTY
We are in 4 fucking competitions. That is potentially 27 fucking matches.
People want to play for 6 fucking weeks with ONE fucking winger.
So, what’s the message..?

Surely if he ain't travelled with there squad theres got to be a chance of it being done...dont see the logic in Leicester leaving him at home if there was nothing in the pipeline

So looks like we went for alexis first, didnt get him.so turned our attention to laporte fred, got laporte didnt get fred so now.we go for mahrez. We cant be this naive everytime by not giving selling club enough time to get a replacement

EVERY time? Naive? Our business over the past 18 months has been fantastic.

Walker was pretty much sewn up before the end of last season. Bernardo was brought in out of nowhere at a good price. What about Mendy and Ederson? Jesus, one of the most sought after youngsters in the world brought in at £22m was it? On top of that, we're future proofing ourselves by tying up our most prized assets on long term contracts.

Does my head in seeing people moan about our recent dealings. Sure there have been mistakes in the past and there will be more in the future but for now we're doing great.

With regards to Sanchez, it's not our fault Arsenal didn't sort themselves a replacement and it's also not our fault that next time it came up that United offered insane wages. The club seemed relatively relaxed about the situation and they calmly moved on. Maybe you should too.

Fred by all accounts is a summer target and we decided to chance our arm and see if we could get it done early. The message over the last few weeks seems to have been pretty clear on that one, he simply isn't available until Summer. Nothing to do with giving Shakhtar time to replace him. We can't force Shakhtar to sell. They're still in the champions league and they're entitled to insist we sit that one out til summer i.e. when we supposedly intended to get him in the first place. No naivety, we simply asked them a question and the answer is no.

Re Mahrez, nobody knows how long we've been looking at him (though Pep has clearly been an admirer for a while) but a winger has been on the cards for months, ever since we first looked at Alexis. Perhaps we were relaxed about potentially missing out on him because there were other options that appealed? Let's see how it plays out before calling the club naive.

I find it hard to fathom that a club of our stature would spend over £50m on a player just to cover for a moderate injury to one of our own.

If Mahrez was always our alternative to Sanchez, why wait until the last minute to try and sign him?

There’s something odd and perhaps unethical about this potential deal.

we can't be, it would be ludicrous to think that it would be, i think sane's injury has accelerated a deal that maybe was being considered for the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.