Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these people criticising the timing of City's bid etc, inability to get it done etc should note this

Simon Stone, BBC.

"City do not view themselves as having made an offer after Leicester City came to them with a proposal that would have also included a player.

Conversations took place to ascertain Leicester's value of Mahraz - a number of which took place.

City had previously made it clear that they were not willing to spend, however the package was made up, more than £60m."
I've just posted that. From the bastion of all that's rag as well, Simon Stone, so he wouldn't do us any favours. If it's true, they're likely to have a very pissed off player.

Not fussed. Maybe even glad. For all the talk of an unprecented quadruple, we've still four games to win in the FA Cup, the League Cup final will be a toss-up, and then there's the small matter of the CL, where we will have to beat one - possibly two - of the top 4 teams in Europe. Point is, I'd expect us to be in more or less the same situation this time next year.

Despite the significantly lower wage package and higher resale value (not that we ever get much for our players), I can't see how he can be justified at 60m+. Whilst I understand and - on balance - probably outright support our stance over Sanchez, he was a one off, with exceptional talent, experience and workrate. We've got 5 senior front line players and two injuries. Plus young blood. It's not an emergency.

Ideally I'd like us to go for Mbappe in the summer - he is a natural cutting in on the left and a great option in the centre. Doubt it will happen, I think Neymar is more likely to go to Real.

Onwards and upwards.

You think Mbappe is realistic?

Our transfer policy fucking stinks. City think they can tap players up all day long then buy the player on our terms. Twice now arsenal and Leicester have laughed at us and told us to fuck off

So, out of interest, what do you think we should have paid for Sanchez and Mahrez in transfer fees, agent fees and wages?

Our transfer policy fucking stinks. City think they can tap players up all day long then buy the player on our terms. Twice now arsenal and Leicester have laughed at us and told us to fuck off
Clown.

Confused by our intention to go for Mahrez so late in the day.

Either way we should have a lot of cash burning a hole in our pockets for the summer now, since we backed out of two deals - hope we can go balls deep and pay whatever it takes to get Hazard or Kane in. That would move the needle more than Mahrez or even Alexis.

So, out of interest, what do you think we should have paid for Sanchez and Mahrez in transfer fees, agent fees and wages?
People are mental.
I think city are doing it just right.
Have a value for a player.
If the other club want more pull out.
Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.