Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we would of got sanchez for 60m if we bid in june not with 2 days to go same goes for mahrez if we bid 60m 2/3 weeks ago we may have got him not with 24 hours to go

We didn't go in for Sanchez 2 days before the end of the summer window. Arsenal pratted about chasing a replacement who wasn't interested in signing for them then refused to release Sanchez. Not going to repeat why your wrong about Mahrez as there's 20 pages of it if you could be bothered to read it.

In what fucking world is something around 60 million a lowball offer. Given his age I'd expect a higher fee for Jesus but if we had told Jesus he could move if someone meets a certain fee area and then we denied him I'd be more pissed at City than the player or Madrid.

People are going on like we offered 15m for this player. He's very good, he's worth a lot of money, but his worth is determined by the marketplace and as others have already pointed out they may very well struggle to find another bid this high in the summer, especially if Mahrez downs tools now. Many of the big clubs have spent and FFP 2.0 will be highly impactful.
We don't set the fee or value. Why would Leicester let him go for £60m when an inferior replacement will cost they same. They should protect their interests you know. Stop having a paddy because we can't bully a club in to accepting an offer. We did the same as a club with Tevez and didn't like Milan tapping him up.

Our transfers follow one pattern.

The press know our target
The press know the player wants to come to City (Sanchez, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Sterling etc.)
City make an initial offer that's often no way near enough but no bidding war as miraculously everyone somehow knows the player only wants City
City sit on the bid for a week or 2 whilst press speculation runs wild re player x only wants City
City then incrementally increase their bids late on until the buying club just want it all to end!

It's done us ok so far but it hasn't worked twice this window.

Looking at our team tonigh, we are going to have a problem very soon and after that it will be clear that Mahrez was needed. This is my opinion but I am afraid it is very likely that problems will come soon.

If we were to liken this to buying a house we appear to have told Leicester that if they suddenly decide to sell their house this afternoon, without any indication it's for sale in the first instance, we were prepared to offer them an amount that we were happy to pay.

Leicester have with this approach obviously decided to think about how much their house is worth and have said well we don't want to sell but if you want to force our hand you will need to offer us a sum we feel we cannot refuse. On hearing that sum, and after having done no favours for how we are perceived to do our business, City have decided it's too much and walked away.

My question with this is why do City appear to no longer think that agreeing an asking price is not best done in private between the clubs?

Yeah it’s a strange one. No doubt there is more to this than seems apparent right now

You mean the one that has brought us kdb sane, jesus, etc etc. show at least some appreciation jeez

We don't give in to clubs holding us to ransom.
Even if correct, you completely dodged the issues of agent fees and wages. Would you seriously have paid the total package demanded by Sanchez and his agent?
We agreed to pay his agent fees and wages if we had of bid 60m earlier in the summer or 35m on 1st of jan hed be ours now.

Looking at our team tonigh, we are going to have a problem very soon and after that it will be clear that Mahrez was needed. This is my opinion but I am afraid it is very likely that problems will come soon.

According to most of the posters here we are fine with Diaz.

Ffs many need to give their head a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.