Robinho convicted of Sexual Assault

Hopefully he'll actually serve it.

He Should.

But highly unlikely he will. Just read about what happened to that woman and his comments about it, it's disgusting and he appallingly has no shame. He will sit tight in Brazil where he can never be extradited (without a change of the constitution). He will be 37 in January and doubt he will be turning out for a team outside of Brazil (there will be at least one team shameless enough to recruit him- convicted murderer Bruno is back playing in Serie D) so no chance of EU arrest warrant being served on him.

Can't see him doing the decent thing giving himself up without there being Italy having any leverage or there being any incentive for him.

He Should.

But highly unlikely he will. Just read about what happened to that woman and his comments about it, it's disgusting and he appallingly has no shame. He will sit tight in Brazil where he can never be extradited (without a change of the constitution). He will be 37 in January and doubt he will be turning out for a team outside of Brazil (there will be at least one team shameless enough to recruit him- convicted murderer Bruno is back playing in Serie D) so no chance of EU arrest warrant being served on him.

Can't see him doing the decent thing giving himself up without there being Italy having any leverage or there being any incentive for him.

Apparently there's a law that even if you can't be extradited for a crime, if it's also a crime in Brazil you have to serve the time in Brazil.

Who knows if it'll happen, I half expect Bolsonaro to give him some sort of honour for it. The public is very against him as he was forced to leave Santos when they signed him due to supporters and sponsors boycotting the club, so hopefully that will have an effect.

Wouldn't this basically ban him from Europe forever then? I assume he could be arrested in any European country on Italy's behalf?

Wouldn't this basically ban him from Europe forever then? I assume he could be arrested in any European country on Italy's behalf?

I think he is allowed one more appeal first though. This one turned down is one of the permitted two. Then Italy would presumably issue a EAW when he failed to surrender them.

As I understand it, it wouldn't bar him from entry but would compel the country to arrest him once he was within the jurisdiction of the European Arrest Warrant (any EU member state). Italy also has bilateral extradition treaties with other countries, including Uruguay and Argentina. Although assuming he still has a good chunk of his career earnings left, I don't see that being too much of problem for a player and personality like Robinho , I can't see him wanting to settle outside of the South East of Brazil.

I think he is allowed one more appeal first though. This one turned down is one of the permitted two. Then Italy would presumably issue a EAW when he failed to surrender them.

As I understand it, it wouldn't bar him from entry but would compel the country to arrest him once he was within the jurisdiction of the European Arrest Warrant (any EU member state). Italy also has bilateral extradition treaties with other countries, including Uruguay and Argentina. Although assuming he still has a good chunk of his career earnings left, I don't see that being too much of problem for a player and personality like Robinho , I can't see him wanting to settle outside of the South East of Brazil.
So he will be able to come to Manchester and take in a City game post Brexit then!

I hope he has spunked all his money away amd no club will touxh him

So he will be able to come to Manchester and take in a City game post Brexit then!

I hope he has spunked all his money away amd no club will touxh him

Just done some more reading on the situation post brexit. The UK will revert to the council of Europe's European convention on extradition. Which means in all likelihood he would probably be arrested and extradited but it be a more drawn out process.

That would be the treatment he deserves but as I touched on earlier , there is a goalkeeper in Serie D who had associates murder his ex mistress and mother of his child. The remains were tgen fed to dogs.

There will be at least one club president pig-headed enough to give him an offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.