Rodri Understudy

Wharton at palace looks class.

He is a class act, you could tell he was going to be something a bit special when he burst onto the scene last season. Incredibly mature for such a young lad. Glad he’s doing well (Rovers fan)

Obviously has some ways to go, but he is the real deal in my opinion (slightly biased granted)

Doubt it, he will either stay or go somewhere he isn't anyones understudy.

Think we need to move away from the idea of anyone being Rodri's understudy. He's so good that if we try replace him like for like in the same system the drop off in quality is just too big. You could feasibly buy someone who can play in the same starting 11 alongside him when fit, but can also cover some of his job when he doesn't play. I think if we'd have signed Rice they'd have both played together when available but he'd have covered Rodri too. We need to adapt without Rodri, not replace him.

Well then you would win wouldn't you?, he won't be coming just to play that role but he will be the one Pep trusts to do it when Rodhri gets a rest.
I hope Pep has seen the number of yellow 'n red cards that Guimares has avoided. He'd be nailed on for everyone if he came here, and a few extra for wearing a sky blue shirt.

I’d say Kimmich. Can cover for Rodri, but also play alongside him like Kovacic has done, and also cover RB. Can play for another 3-4 seasons, one of Peps favourites and ready to play a part immediately

I hope Pep has seen the number of yellow 'n red cards that Guimares has avoided. He'd be nailed on for everyone if he came here, and a few extra for wearing a sky blue shirt.

Where does this perception come from? We've had fewer yellows than any other team this year havent we?

I’d say Kimmich. Can cover for Rodri, but also play alongside him like Kovacic has done, and also cover RB. Can play for another 3-4 seasons, one of Peps favourites and ready to play a part immediately
Makes most sense to me, knows Pep’s system and as you say can play multiple positions so game time won’t be an issue. Not sure how much Bayern would want but his contract is up next year so maybe 40-45m might be enough.

got roasted by Vini Jnr at RB but he's not alone.
Not many Vini Jnr around. Could have said the same about Gvardiol vs Haaland when we thrashed RB 7-0. Looks like he is turning out OK.

If you’re playing against a speed merchant you need a fast RB, but against most of the teams we play, he would do fine as it’s as much about positioning as pace. Anyway it’s more cover for Rodders which is what we want.

got roasted by Vini Jnr at RB but he's not alone.
99.9% of fullbacks in the world would get roasted by Vinicius Jr. Walker is that 0.1%. Also, we would only face Vinicius once or twice a season. I`d take Kimmich primarily as a midfielder, but I have no doubt that he`d be fine against every other team we play as a RB (apart from Vini)

99.9% of fullbacks in the world would get roasted by Vinicius Jr. Walker is that 0.1%. Also, we would only face Vinicius once or twice a season. I`d take Kimmich primarily as a midfielder, but I have no doubt that he`d be fine against every other team we play as a RB (apart from Vini)
No reason not to keep Walker for another season anyway, as well as Kimmich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.