Rome

If you're going with the Mrs i recommend going to the Trastevere area at night, really nice restaurants and bars, nice winding cobbled streets etc. My favourite area when i went.
If you're going to the vatican, Colosseum etc get all your tickets now before you go as the queues are mental. Also, plan to eat about 10 times a day! The food is too good to just eat 2 or three times!

Trastevere is a great recommendation, and definitely get tickets in advance for the Vatican.
There's so much to see just by roaming around. Start at Spagna or the trevi fountain, move on towards the pantheon (where there is this great little place for coffee called tazza d'oro) and just stroll around the streets.
And if you want views of true cityscape then walk up to Villa Borghese from Spagna.

Tickets in advance for the Vatican as people have said, you won't regret it. Make a note of the major attractions and get around them but apart from that, just wander round. So many things to see just around the corner.

Wonderful place. I went in Sept and it was bloody hot. August is supposed to be uncomfortably warm as you will do a lot of walking.

Tickets in advance for the Vatican as people have said, you won't regret it. Make a note of the major attractions and get around them but apart from that, just wander round. So many things to see just around the corner.

Wonderful place. I went in Sept and it was bloody hot. August is supposed to be uncomfortably warm as you will do a lot of wanking.
^^ very good advice...

Watch the bag dippers on the buses. Caught one lad with his hand in Mrs The Gods handbag.

He wasn't such a clever dick when half the bus gave him a slap as he got off.

Seems shouting "thieving c**t" in English has more of an effect on Italian buses than on British ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big red bus easy way of getting around. Save all the walking. And if your not up on your istoree it's very informative. Guided tour round the coliseum is a must.

Any recommendations where a good sports bar to go over there ? West Ham Bournemouth is a Sky game on the Sunday

It will be fucking hot, full of tourists and a nightmare to get anywhere.

Doesn't matter though, eat where the locals eat, visit everything (buy tickets now as the queues are mental) and then find a spot and just people watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.